DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I've been reading a lot of build logs for the past few months and I've finally decided to do mine. I have a Mitsubishi Lancer 93' and first owned since year '96. It has never received a sound treatment until now.

This will be an ongoing build until Christmas or after the leg of car shows here.

Here's a pic of the car.

Let me list what equipment I have at the moment:

Headunit: Teac TE-625 [CD/USB/SD/iPod]

TEAC Website

Front Pioneer 2-Way 180w (Dash)

Rear: Pioneer 3-Way 180w (Rear Deck)

Sub: Kicker L5S12 Solobaric in an L-Ported Box

Sub Amp: Generic 2 Channel amp passed through an active crossover from the deck bridged output to sub.

This will be replaced by a Sound Magus DK-1200 or a JBL 7001E by next month I hope.

Speaker Amp: 2 Channel amp passed through same as the sub amp

This will be replaced by a JBL 1004E in a month or two. Good branded amps that are not overpriced are quite hard to come by here.

Crossover: Proline 2Ex Crossover

I wasn't able to take pictures of the initial process, I took pictures of what I could.

This is how the rear of the box looks like for now. I'll arrange the wires when I get the time tomorrow.

Trunk had no deadening of any sort. Just bare metal. The loud bass with the trunk closed rattles so badly I couldn't live with it. So, I was sourcing out ccf and I couldn't find any cheap ones here. Luckily, I remembered some of the members used yoga mats to absorb vibrations.

First I covered each of the underlying areas with the mat.

Then doubled the layer.

I wasn't able to take a photo of the third and final layer. I'll be adding a carpet to cover the mat and to make it look part of the car's factory look.

More pictures to come this coming week. I haven't really poured in much time in this as I'm still busy with school and work.

Here's a short video of everything hooked up while playing the song Gentleman by Psy.
www.youtube.com/embed/9rVBjD5zz18

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow. talk about identical. its the exact same thing, imo. They still do actually and have a line of car audio products ranging from separates all the way down to amps. From what I can gather, the components are still original TEAC but the marketing division is handled by a Chinese company based in Guanzhou.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so it has been a while and I managed to upgrade my system.
so here is the new build

SUBS:
Sony XS-L12S 12" 4Ohm SVC 380W RMS
Sony XS-L12S 12" 4Ohm SVC 380W RMS
-I'm planning to replace these with DVC subs soon

BOX:
Sealed type - done by a friend who makes sub boxes for a car audio shop.

AMPS:
SUBS:
MTX RT404 - Set to 2 channel input
MTX RT404 - Set to 2 channel input

SEPS:
Alpine V12 (hidden underneath the sub box)

And here's the carpet I use whenever I'm going to the grocery.

haven't been able to finish the wiring yet. i'm still contemplating how i'm going to do it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
can anyone provide some insight about how I can go about wiring this system without it draining my batt? I'm still saving up for a secondary batt and its going to be a while

1 - 5 of 5 Posts