DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright since I've got a bunch of stuff sitting in the garage, I decided to have some fun.... so far putting 2 6.5's in the doors (components) with the tweets in 4x6 stock location on dash. 5.25's components in the kick location. 8's glassed to panels in the back right about where the top of the back seat would be, 4x6's in stock location (unless I decide to glass in 6 1/2's or 5 1/4's with the 8's)
will be 2 4 channels both mbquart.... 1 2 channel mtx to push 4x6 or whatever I coaxials I decide to put in (have both 6 1/2 and 5 1/4)
All on eclipse 7200 mkii, with clarion eq mostly for mid... then 1800watt 1ohm stable amp

need some assistance with what subs to put in, not looking to spend a ton... but open to under 500$ or so. Back seat will be coming out, will be a captains chair put in the middle (on top of the box) and subs built up around, I think amps will be on the back wall

Should be a fun setup, I was think 2 ID 15's.... but I'm really undecided honestly haven't ever done much with 15's so it would be fun

ps this is a fun build... so crazy ideas I'm open to =)

·
Super Moderator
5,227 Posts
Man, you are really taking the "more is better" route. :laugh::)

(I'm assuming you have the enough power to supply them...Alternator and Amplifier.)
But as far as subs, wait for the SSA sale and pick up 2 ICON 15's. Should be about $500.

·
Super Moderator
5,227 Posts
Should run those fine then. Always better to have more than you need for SPL. I would see which subs you can fit in an ported enclosure for free +3db and less strain on the electrical.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I plan to go ported, I've even considered an old school hcca 15 I have laying around. I want to run 2 but just have the 1

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you must not of read the whole post, I'm putting a bucket seat in the middle, and build the box under and around the the seat, so they'll be a sub on each side and box will run under

·
Registered
226 Posts
you must not of read the whole post, I'm putting a bucket seat in the middle, and build the box under and around the the seat, so they'll be a sub on each side and box will run under
Yeah missed the the bucket seat line. I wanna see this when your done. I'm actually going to re-do my truck as well. Going to put the bench seat back in and fiberglass me up a ported enclosure for a single 12.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well maybe I'll do a build log or something, I have the door pods built... haven't decided if I'm gonna keep 'em yet or not

·
Registered
755 Posts
I hate to say this, but I feel like I have to. This sounds like a really ghetto idea. I'm not trying to be mean, and usually just don't say anything, but this is just crazy. Good luck, maybe it will turn out cool.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts