DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 1/0 power ran tonight in my 96 Blazer. I'm trying to figure out a place to mount my Streetwires 1/0 fuse holder. I was wondering where you have your's mounted. If you have any pics that would be awesome.

Thanks

·
Registered
240 Posts
My fuse holder is just zip tied to the insulated AC lines running down the side of the motor. I really don't like it this way, but have never fixed it from the shop that installed it. I do not have the power wires hooked up right now though, as I pulled the old system.

I have seen some nice pics of plates made to cover the top of the battery, with the fuse holders mounted to them. It just depends on wich battery you are running, and placement of the fuse holder when determining the hood clearance( it looks to be a tight fit ).

Search the Audio forum on s10forum.com. Look for member Paint Toad. His was the install with the mounting plate.

Other than that, you could fashion a bracket and mount it to the side of the engine computers or near the overflow bottle.

Mine is a 96 also. They are tight on space around the battery and the fender wells...at least with the 4.3. Trucks( blazers didn't come with a 4 cylinder ) with the 2.2 might have more room. I have never looked on one of those.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts