DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

241 - 252 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #241
Kelvin, we got her the Optima SX Turbo.

Jay, the CLA is Mercedes new FWD model. Most aerodynamic mass production vehicle currently in production. A couple more active safety features, better gas mileage, but really rough ride, awkward gas pedal, and almost impossible to get in the rear seats.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Lol. This curling thing?? It's when you lifts weights with your arms to build muscle. Lol. Please tell me your just kidding about the curling?

·
Registered
2,371 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,214 Posts
An Optima.
A friend of mine has the SX-L Chrome package one and it's pretty sweet.

Jay
Kelvin, we got her the Optima SX Turbo.

Jay, the CLA is Mercedes new FWD model. Most aerodynamic mass production vehicle currently in production. A couple more active safety features, better gas mileage, but really rough ride, awkward gas pedal, and almost impossible to get in the rear seats.

If I'm not mistaken, one of Audi's chief designer went to Kia back in 2006 - Kia's design are much better now than when it debuted.

Kelvin

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #246
Yep, that's one of the first things the dealers would bring up. I knew it wouldnbe be quiet (my mom has an 05 kia spectra that with 80,000 miles was quieter than out 2010 civic was) but I didn't expect the ride and everything else to be as nice as it was.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #247
Project neon is thoroughly finished. Car left today, to a buddy in fresno, who already bought the kick panels from it, and the cams, and ported head, etc. Really said to see it go, but no money to put into it with the increased parts prices and discontinued parts.

·
Registered
551 Posts
This is a shame. I've read your whole build and it was a sweet setup. After market parts for 1gen neons are becoming expensive though. I have a 97 coupe with an srt4 swap running a pretty big turbo. A very very fun car but any aftermarket parts are way too expensive.

·
Registered
551 Posts
See I'm pretty lucky I got a whole engine rebuild kit for the srt motor for 400$ but when I needed shifter bushing couldn't find any locally and the dealer wanted 350$ for the whole shifter cables. Door clips were 7$ a piece for my 97. It's basically all stock other then the fuel system and srt4 swap. Got most of the parts off the forums

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
^^^I get all my parts from the forums and ebay as well. There's lots of guys with these cars just sitting around in pieces, but any urgent repairs and you're SOL.

Sad to hear that it's gone; I know you put soooo much time and a meticulous amount of detail into it. Life goes on!

·
Registered
551 Posts
Yea I've been SOL a few times with my 97 neon. Now with the built motor though, it's just a weekend car so i don't rely on it as my daily anymore.

241 - 252 of 252 Posts