DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my GSR is layed up in the driveway right now with a snapped axle. So i figured I would design the audio layout in the meantime. The whole car is bone stock including the HU and speakers. I want to do something a little different and go for 5.1 surround. Im liking this idea more after the remastered pink floyd discs and dvds that were just released. I have a Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD thats going to a DEQ-P8000 for the 5.1 proccessing. Center channel will be handled by a Pioneer TS-CX7 sitting in the cars clock recess directed off the windshield. That much Ive pretty much settled on.

For the speakers I want to retain factory location in the doors and rear side panels. I have a set of Pioneer TS-C720PRS minus the PRS crossovers. I have heard these should sound pretty decent in a properly deadened door. Tweeters will go high in the doors, i had a similar tweeter in my last car off axis and wasnt too harsh and had a pretty good dispersion pattern. Ill be running these bi-amped through a JL XR crossover. I was toying with the idea of putting my TS-M7PRS and TS-T3PRS in the kicks, but i dont like the idea of kicks in a car with a clutch. And i like my dead pedal :)

Im thinking about using a set of Pioneer TS-D6902R 6x9 in place of the 6.5" speakers. Obviously id build a new baffle behind the panel. I do have a set of TS-D1720C that i might use instead.

Everything is run off Rockford amps. 2 P400.4 and a P1000.1bd
Im not sure what i want to use as a sub. i have a Rockford P3 that would be at a 2ohm load or a Rockford T0 at a 1ohm load. Also not sure if i want to make an enclosure to fire straight up from the spare tire well or build a nice vented enclosure tuned to around 38hz.

Im just throwing this out there to see what everyone thinks. maybe different ideas for sound reinforcement without a ton of added weight. maybe some SQ ideas without chopping the interior up. i dont know...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I guess im more looking for suggestions as far as the sub. I have always used sealed enclosures aiming away from the driver. Ive thought of going with a sealed firing up design in the floor with the p3. Also toying with using a high output slot ported box for the T0. Wondering what people thought.

going for better sq

1 - 2 of 2 Posts