DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I recently bought a 9887 and KCE-400BT to install into my car to replace the noisy and cheap pioneer I currently have in the car. I have a couple of questions regarding the wiring for the units. I've never actually done a HU install but I understand the basics of it, connect this wire to this wire of the adapter. My question comes into play when I look at the wiring of the 400BT unit. I was wandering if it's ok to splice the HU and 400BT wires together when soldering the harness adapter together?

So can I wire in the HU and 400BT ACC leads together when I solder the HU harness adapter in? I was going to do the same with the battery lead.

If any of y'all could hep advise me on how to wire this up properly I would appreciate it very much!

·
Super Moderator
5,229 Posts
If you don't plan to use the internal amplifier then I don't see why not. If you do plan to use it then I'm not sure because I've never installed the BT part on mine.

·
Registered
323 Posts
You can hook up the +12v constant, ign. lead and ground together , and make sure to hook up the pink/black. You also need a KWE-460E adapter cable and you also need the newer KCE-433iv Ipod cable. The upside is, with this arrangement you get 5v charging for newer Iphone/ipod. :D

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats the exact answer I was looking for!!! I can't wait to put this in, I am soooo excited about all of this. Oh and yea I have all of the proper wiring to plug in the 400BT unit and the iPod cable, can you tell I'm stoked!!!

·
Registered
2016 GMC Sierra
232 Posts
the wiring harness of the KCE-400BT allows you to piggy back power, constant and ground. that's the way I had it connected.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Sorry to bump a decently old post and also regarding a off topic question, but how is the streaming audio quality with the 400bt and 9887? Do you still control the playback through the headunit? Anyone using the iphone with this setup?

·
Registered
2016 GMC Sierra
232 Posts
Sorry to bump a decently old post and also regarding a off topic question, but how is the streaming audio quality with the 400bt and 9887? Do you still control the playback through the headunit? Anyone using the iphone with this setup?
When I had mine sound quality was decent. The convenience of it out weighed the sound quality. I mostly used it for podcasts. And the control are only forward and back iirc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts