DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry in advance if this has been covered already, but I've spent all morning looking and have found barely any mention whatsoever.

The 9887 has settings for both left and right sub t/a as well as an option in the menu to make your sub channel mono or stereo. If it's set to mono, however, l/r sub settings both still show in the t/a menu.

For a single sub is it necessary to adjust left and right together every time I tune? This has been the source of some frustration for me lately, and having not found anything on the topic I assume I'm overlooking something painfully simple.

If my sub was in the trunk both could be set at "0" with no further thought on the matter, but it's right behind my seat (Ranger single cab) and my passenger mid is the "0" driver.

Will someone kindly explain why this has me stumped like the proverbial chump.

Also, while I've been lurking around literally for years soaking up information, I believe this is actually my first post. So... Hi.

·
Registered
226 Posts
In my (limited) experience, no need to T/A the sub for a sedan.

But in a truck where the sub is actually nearer to you compared to the right speaker, a bit of T/A helps.

Usually 20 to 30 cm or so. :)

Also, if your sub amp is getting signal from both left and right sub RCA outputs of the 9887, set the same T/A for both left and right SUB outputs - even if you have them set as "mono."

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ahhh, conflicting reports. If no one else can chime in with the deciding answer I'll have no choice but to force these two fine people to knife-fight for the coveted thumbs up and "Thanks, Guy."

·
Registered
512 Posts
In for the knife fight. :D

Play it safe and time align both side by the same value. :D

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
In my (limited) experience, no need to T/A the sub for a sedan.

But in a truck where the sub is actually nearer to you compared to the right speaker, a bit of T/A helps.

Usually 20 to 30 cm or so. :)

Also, if your sub amp is getting signal from both left and right sub RCA outputs of the 9887, set the same T/A for both left and right SUB outputs - even if you have them set as "mono."
May I save this for my signature?

Chuck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts