DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked this kit up and I thought you guys should take a look at this. It is a 1/0 gauge kit with 18 feet power wire, 3 feet ground wire, a beefy fused battery terminal, a ground terminal block, and some miscellaneous hardware.

I bought the whole thing for ~$59 shipped on eBay.

Check it out:

What do you think? To me, the wire looks a little small for 1/0 gauge, but its still beefy. It was made for the amps I'm using, so I guess it'll do. For under $60 bucks shipped, I think you couldn't do much better. Especially considering you get all those neat accessories.

·
Registered
754 Posts
What kind of wire is it? OFC or CCA? Is it flexible? I'm still a firm believer that the Kicker PKD1 kit is by far the best value. Super flexible OFC wire, fuse and fuse holder, distro blocks, plenty of 4awg for up to 3 amps...

But for just power/ground wire, the bat terminal and accessories, that does look like a very nice kit for the money.

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is very flexible, IMO. Not as flexy as Knukonceptz Fleks but still good. It definitely looks like a pure copper to me. Not even tinned or anything, just solid (HEAVY AS HELL) copper. Since a battery terminal like that costs ~$40, a ground terminal ~$15, and the other goodies at least ~$5, I feel like I got the wire for free. If I hate it, I'll just order some Knu 1/0 gauge.

·
Registered
751 Posts

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LMAO. I'm OCD at times so don't tempt me...I might just start counting! Actually it wouldn't be too hard...the wires are individual but they are twisted into bunches. And then the bunches are twisted too. If I count the individuals in one bunch, then multiply by the bunches.....ahhh damnit you almost got me to do it.

You know what is strange? In order for the PG amps to qualify for a 3year warranty from PG, they must be installed by a pro (so I lose that), AND they must be installed WITH THIS WIRE! So, they must trust it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
You know what is strange? In order for the PG amps to qualify for a 3year warranty from PG, they must be installed by a pro (so I lose that), AND they must be installed WITH THIS WIRE! So, they must trust it.
Fosgate pulls this too. I didn't realize it til I was browsing around the website and was taken aback.

-Matt

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just powered up my system with this kit, and I have to say it is awesome for the price. The battery terminal is just outstanding, and it turns out the 1/0 gauge innards are 100% to size, they fit my EFX distro block just barely. One of the best bargains in wire today, I think. Considering it comes w/ a really high quality ground box and a battery terminal w/ integrated fusing...just perfect. Highly recommended now that I've had some time with it, fellas.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just powered up my system with this kit, and I have to say it is awesome for the price. The battery terminal is just outstanding, and it turns out the 1/0 gauge innards are 100% to size, they fit my EFX distro block just barely. One of the best bargains in wire today, I think. Considering it comes w/ a really high quality ground box and a battery terminal w/ integrated fusing...just perfect. Highly recommended now that I've had some time with it, fellas.
X2. Got mine from fleabay. Can't be beat for the price.

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
were do the fuses go?
I'm sorry bro I didn't see your post.

The fuses (a pair of 125A midi) fit right on the battery terminal. Notice the allen screws... There is a divider between these two spots, looks like it is a thick plastic separator.

Nice, solid design IMO. It does have a problem fitting my stock battery a bit, but I ground off an allen wrench to fit and things are OK. That has to do with some batteries and their top design. Some aren't flat!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts