DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, I know the hybrid is catching people a little off guard. I call them hybrid because they are red baskets with black cones. The Orion Hcca aniversary mids were made buy the same crew as the 346is mids. They are 4ohm. I am sure most of you already know this, they were stock from the buy out/liquidation of A/D/S. The PX tweeters are the black alluminum with the smooth metal mesh cover not the one with the dimple. People love to have the conversation about which one was better....its simple they are the same. I had the silver ones with the dimple and litteraly played them one on one side and the other on the other and switched them out and there was no difference. You guys can think what you like....some think they prefer one over the other. You know the one I am selling! enough said. The 344is have never seen power except to test. The 346is and px are in my truck right now and have only been there for a couple months to try out. I will give pics of the mids and tweets in a day or so. I just wanted to test the market before I went pulling things out before new stuff gets here.
$300 shipped (lower 48)is what I am looking for.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is a moderately rare and completely awesome 3 way set. I will try and get the rest of the pics up today, we will see. Its kinda cold out!

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am still working on pics, but if there is no interest out there then I wont bother. I was making room for some new stuff but I wont rush if no one wants this. For the right price I dont mind breaking it up either

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry I still dont have pics up. I suffered a pretty good injury and my arm is in a sling, I will get them soon.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Check back tomorrow afternoon, I should have pics of the tweets at least, hopefully the mids too, we will see.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
I am running those red basket ads mids currenty.......nice drivers...better than the mb quarts I had..

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Jax, they are really great. I think I might hold on to the 4"mids, I dont know, my system design changes by the minute. I am going out in a few min. to swap out the px tweets so pics of those will be up this evening. I am looking to get $100 for them shipped to the lower 48 if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
I also have the 4inch mids too in 3 way system

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Here are the pics of the tweeters as promised. I already regret taking them out but I have more packed up somewhere. I just ordered the new Kicker QS65.2 components to try. They should be here by the end of the week, when they get here I will post pics of the mids. Make me an offer on individual components if you dont want the 3 ways

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bump for a kick a$$ set of components. The new components probably wont be here for this weekend so pics of the mids will have to wait till Mon-Wed. I will probably do a review of the qs65.2's if anyone cares to hear it. I will have my new solo classic in this weekend and will do a review of that as well if people care. My first real system was kicker and I am looking to simplify my setup and thought I would try this stuff out for ****s and giggles. I am loving the idea of the solo classic assuming it is on par with the old......we will see:)

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks treetop, I am suprised to, but I think people are probably waiting for pics of the mids.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Really???? well anyway I will have pics of the mids tomorrow.....well hopefuly. My new components will be here tomorrow but we are expecting a mini monsoon here. Hope it dosent rain out opening day :(

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Ok, as promised here are the mids! They are awesome, and = to the a/d/s-is in everyway except the color of the basket. They are in mint condition and sound fantastic.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts