DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im asking a question here thats probably over asked or gone thru the ringer already, but im very curious which out there sounds the best and in your opinions would be the better speaker set to give the best imaging. I have had many a/d/s before and i was sold in the 90's but the company went under and its been hard to find them since. I live in Vancouver near the AVIsound company, and have had a chance to hear them on a board and audition them. Im torn between buying the BSM-160's 6.5" and paying a fine penny for them or save some money and piece together 346is with px tweeters but id be interested only if i was to find a px crossovers along with it.

My question to you fine people of the board is what is your opinion? I spend 2 hrs of my day in the car, driving around and to work and back from work, and then some on somedays. AVI speakers arent cheap and sound great but i always thought a/d/s had amazing sound aswell.

I know people will say the usual about its whatever sounds best to you or it will only matter to you at the end of the day. However, I would like to know peoples honest opinions. I had focal 165k2p v2 series in my car, and due to water damage i need to replace and the speakers i dont trust buying online and they no longer around in my area for cheap to replace one i figure to move on to something just as good.

So please all the help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help, only problem is i cant find an actual set of 346is..only a piece of this or a piece of that. Only reason the 2 options are there. :(

·
Registered
32 Posts
Id love me a set of the AVI's! All the ones ive heard sounds great!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies on the subject, I know its hard when someone asks a question like "which sounds better?" but for me it was a question of would buying the avi instead of a/d/s be a mistake or vice versa? for me its a hard choice, I have heard both and both are amazing. The switch from Focal's to AVI's or a/d/s isnt a hard choice for me they both sound like an improvemnt for my ears, its just trying to find the one better for me out of those 2 will be hard.

Thanks for the help tho.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I have a set of AVI BSM 6.5"s that ill sell cheap,mids and tweeters (no xovers as run active) im Vancouver too, LMK

1 - 8 of 8 Posts