DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
These type of sales threads almost never work, but my wife wants these gone so I want these gone.
$750 for everything, or best offer
Best way to reach me is via email at chang (dot) fangchu (at) gmail

I am located in Irvine and strongly prefer a local sale (SD/OC/LA) but I will consider parting out certain items and shipping if it's worth my time.
Not trying to be a dick with that statement... here's my situation:
I have a 2.5 hour commute each way, each day, plus a 1 year old and another on the way. I really don't have time to make extra trips for a $30 sale.

Not really looking for trades, unless you happen to be selling an Uppa Baby Vista.
I guess if you own a shop and can tint my car or powder coat my wheels that'd work too.

Some of the bigger ticket items. The amps are untested and I am being as honest about the condition as I can. If you are serious, we can go through and test everything and whatever doesn't work we can subtract from the total price. I'm a good, fair dude. I'll work with you.

HU/DSP
JBL MS-8 (Never opened, factory refurb)
Dayton UMM-6 (bought used, but I never used it myself)
Alpine 7347 Cassette Deck (untested)
Alpine 3116 EQ (untested)

Amps
US 5600X (worked when I pulled it out ~5 yrs ago. Slight alt whine.. I think the RCA connector needs to be resoldered. also, looks like shit)
a/d/s/ 860MX (I actually never got this working but also didn't spent more than 20 min. Bought from a very reputable seller so I'm 85% sure this thing works fine)
a/d/s/ Power Plate 120 (2 of these, untested)
Kenwood XR400-4 (2 of these, pretty sure both were DOA. I've had awful luck with these but hey, maybe you can fix them)

Subs
12" Infinity Kappa Perfect 12.1D

Drivers
Image Dynamics XS65
OZ Audio 180cs
Aura NS6 (New)
Infinity EMIT
LPG 26NA
Dayton RS28
Dayton RS-150-8
a/d/s/ CS700
a/s/d/ 200i 4x6 plates
(I will probably keep the Peerless mids)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Can you take a photo of the rear of the a/d/s plates. Those look like 300i not 200i.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
I’m a huge a/d/s fan ;). They same to be in really good shape. May want to post these a Porsche forum they where installed the 964 and 993 911’s

·
Registered
83 Posts
Do you happen to have the din cables to rca? For the 850mx amp?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I do! I should have some time to test the amps and update this thread.
I'm willing to split things up and ship as well.
Will test and report back.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys, just for full transparency, I am working with a member (USS Enterprise) who is interested in the whole lot. I'd like to give that a shot first but it may take me some time to finalize things on that front. We are expecting baby #2 any day now. This plus WFH is why I changed my previous local only stance, but it also means things are a bit in flux.

Otherwise, here's the order of messages as I received them for individual parts. Of course I haven't posted individual prices and do not plan to unless the deal falls through. I can probably get more parting out, but I don't do business that way.

JBL MS8
1. gumbeelee (when I initially posted and wasn't willing to part out)
2. Cstrife2 (when I initially posted and wasn't willing to part out)
1. twinrunk
2. dsanzone
3. 1800c0llect

a/d/s/ 860mx
1. kwametx

a/d/s/ 300i
1. darkrider

UMM6 Mic
1. HRLTim

·
Registered
670 Posts
Thanks, Doug. Sorry guys, i got a decent income tax return this year, and worked out a lot of financial issues. (40k in debt to about 12k, on payments - huge relief)
I look forward to finally completing a system for the first time in years.
If it doesnt work out, doug will let you know I'm sure.
But I'm sure it will.
I'll likely have some cheap and free stuff soon, as I've been itching to find a decent lot of equipment to buy and make some stuff available, as others have done for me in the past. My way of paying it forward, and keeping the good karma.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'll likely have some cheap and free stuff soon, as I've been itching to find a decent lot of equipment to buy and make some stuff available, as others have done for me in the past. My way of paying it forward, and keeping the good karma.
Based on this quote we'll find a way to make this work. I'm at a stage where I've basically transitioned out of car audio and it'd be nice to give back in some small way to the community. (Yeah, I realize I'm still getting a pretty penny from this sale, but it isn't my intent to maximize profit here)

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, shipping a massive amount of equipment across the country turned out to be cost prohibitive so I am parting everything out. Have reached out to the people who've shown interest previously. Amps will take time for me to test. I'll get other pricing up and some of the items (Aura NS6, LPG tweeters, Peerless TC9) I may hold on to.

I'd like to sell these first (tested):
$75 local - 12" Infinity Kappa Perfect 12.1D
$75 + shipping - OZ Audio 180cs (Supermans)
$75 + shipping - Infinity EMIT

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Kenwood XR400-4 (2 of these, pretty sure both were DOA. I've had awful luck with these but hey, maybe you can fix them)
You're quite the salesman :). Assuming both are dead. How much would you want for them shipped to 48070? I might have a use for them vs. scrapping them.

PM me and let me know.

Ge0

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You're quite the salesman :). Assuming both are dead. How much would you want for them shipped to 48070? I might have a use for them vs. scrapping them.

PM me and let me know.

Ge0
You can have both for the price of shipping, and if they end up working, send me $50. No risk to you; I'll trust your rep as a long time member here. How's that for a sales pitch :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts