DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a treo tsx 10.22 and very little space ( 95 camaro ). Anyways I wanna run it in a slot ported box. This is what the documentation says

Sealed .8 cu ft F3=44 Hz or vented 1.25 cf net, 12sq in vent, 18-1/8 in long, f3=30.4 Hz
I sat down with a calculator and figured everything out and then found the RE box tool and did it again just to make sure. Anyways after that I was looking around and everywhere I look it says I need my slot to be at least 1.5 inches wide. MY design is for 1x12 ( 12sq inches ) Will it work or sound like crap?

·
Registered
28 Posts
the documentation for the sub will give a rough idea for box size that will produce a certain sound. the calculator programs linked to on this site should allow you to change things up and see where the roll off frequencies are and the boosted areas and the port tuning frequency. I recomend calculating out a box using one of these to work with your space and driver and personal preferances

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
Good 'ol WinISD pro for this one, bro.
Try to keep your vent air speed below 60ft/sec. at the RMS maximum wattage you are going to bother to push to the sub.

Something to remember about a Camaro is that you have WICKED cabin gain. I had a 97 T/A, and its the same. Basically what I'm saying is that a slot ported sub will be very bloated on the bottom end. If you EQ this bloat out, it will rock, but if you can't EQ stuff like that out, you're better off sealed.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool, thanks

BTW. I put the numbers in winisd and it gives all kind of errors.

Ill just do a sealed again.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good 'ol WinISD pro for this one, bro.
Try to keep your vent air speed below 60ft/sec. at the RMS maximum wattage you are going to bother to push to the sub.

Something to remember about a Camaro is that you have WICKED cabin gain. I had a 97 T/A, and its the same. Basically what I'm saying is that a slot ported sub will be very bloated on the bottom end. If you EQ this bloat out, it will rock, but if you can't EQ stuff like that out, you're better off sealed.
Should I tune for a higher freq like maybe 40hz? Also Im thinking of using a round port since it would be a lot easier to fit in the box without the tiny slot.

Any thoughts?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts