DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up this new old stock DRX9255. It had never been installed or had power. Since I do plan to use it in an install I went ahead and powered it on this evening. It was every bit as amazing as I remember seeing (for the first time) at the 1997 IASCA finals. Also I used a Focal Demonstration disc that I picked up that same day back in 1997 to test it with.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Beautiful! The first "real" system I heard that got me into this hobby was using this deck.

When the DRZ version came I bought one immediately. I have serial number 20-something.

If Clarion released a third generation I'd scoop it up instantly.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
829 Posts
That’s cool. I still prefer the old school head units. I never did get excited about a double din for whatever reason, unless it was the Panny.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Best sounding head unit ever! I truly believe it out performed the Alpine 7909 which was the benchmark until then. I still have a 9255 packed away from an install I did with it 25 years ago.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Best sounding head unit ever! I truly believe it out performed the Alpine 7909 which was the benchmark until then. I still have a 9255 packed away from an install I did with it 25 years ago.
Side by side to my ears I also agree. The 9255 has a smoother sound to me. However of course as we all know it’s listener subjective.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Awesome! My old boss had a system in his Acura Legend. 9255 source, Infinity Beta Six component set up front, Beta 8 in a vented box. All run off of a pair of the mid 90's black and gold Lanzar Optidrive amps. That setup sounded so good....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts