DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which might (drastically) affect how you think about setting up your system. lots of stuff goes by kinda fast, but since you can go back, you can figure it out. music is often not made in the way that we think it is, and here is a nice video that shows how tracks are mixed into actual songs. this should be quite helpful in deciding how your system should be designed and set up, but also with respect to who is in charge of how things actually sound on the recording. this and the Alan Parson's video series were quite the eye opener. meat starts at about 15 minuts in. cheers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M-cYS3zBHA&t=933

·
Registered
715 Posts
Mixing has really nothing to do with setting up a car or home system. Studios set up their room to sound flat which is pretty lifeless for enjoyment. What I learned after years of tinkering is that you have to EQ according to the room or car you're in. Get the baseline tune with a mic then do the rest by ears because there's going to be resonance and harsh areas where if you just follow the mic it'll most likely be too much.

Since there are tens of thousands of mix and master engineers out there, you could expect your system to sound different with every genre and maybe even do a certain tune for certain genre. Whatever pleases your ears is the right choice at the end of the day.

I finally got a tune where nearly all genres sound good and I'm happy with the compromise of meh it could be higher or lower here and there but the overall sound is right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts