DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

461 - 480 of 575 Posts

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #461 ·
This is true for many companies as well. They say silk dome. Some seprate it from Silk, or Textile, or polyester, Tetolon, etc. Some group them all togther. But in the end it's not down to the material implemented, its how the design as a whole is executed. There are poorly performing pure silk domes and there are very high end (great sounding, low distortion, etc.) polyester or textile domes.
The more I think about it they are either Spandex or Denim :)

Reactions: cman

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just double checking to make sure I’m on the same page with the exact model I have. Funny thing about Madison Sound Speaker store, if you order a single tweeter, they just cut the box in half and mail that lol. My fault for not realizing it wasn’t sold in pairs so I guess I gotta make another order

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #463 ·
Just double checking to make sure I’m on the same page with the exact model I have. Funny thing about Madison Sound Speaker store, if you order a single tweeter, they just cut the box in half and mail that lol. My fault for not realizing it was sold in pairs so I guess I gotta make another order

ROTFL!!!😆🤣😂😅. Yep. Perhaps :)

·
Registered
2011 Prius rsx gs9>apl1 >helix dsp ultra>2 brax mx4’s &jl Audio 600/1> full focal Utopia m
779 Posts
Just double checking to make sure I’m on the same page with the exact model I have. Funny thing about Madison Sound Speaker store, if you order a single tweeter, they just cut the box in half and mail that lol. My fault for not realizing it was sold in pairs so I guess I gotta make another order

🤣🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
469 Posts

wtf lmao

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #466 ·
I remember a for sale thread recently for a set of ScanSpeak 12m's. The person listing the speakers said "for some reason the box had been cut in half and then duct taped back together". That quirky add is starting to make sense now...

Reactions: chrisp2493

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #467 ·
All done with these combos. Just need to clean up my notes and draft my writeup.

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #468 ·
Looking to fit in a couple special requests before moving back to midranges.

Morel MT-350

Stevens Audio Soft Dome Tweeter:

·
Super Moderator
471 Posts
I wish someone would buy the Audison Thesis TH 1.5 II Violino's (that I currently have for sale) and submit them to you to test - I'm selling brand new ones for the same price that the last used pair sold for... I would love to have your opinion of how they compared to the best of the best...!

Reactions: bbfoto

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
If I currently needed another set of tweeters I would definitely buy these and send them to Ge0. Amazing price for these!

I believe that Jason Bertholomey is still using these in his Audi and swears by them...and I trust his ears and impressions.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I wish someone would buy the Audison Thesis TH 1.5 II Violino's (that I currently have for sale) and submit them to you to test - I'm selling brand new ones for the same price that the last used pair sold for... I would love to have your opinion of how they compared to the best of the best...!
Send them over, direct to him, let Ge0 share his review.

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #473 ·
The Google doc I store my reviews in is now up to 53 pages. I think I've only published about 10 pages so far. It's been 6 months in the making. I don't think I would call that amazing work. Writing is not my strong point. My mind wanders too much and I get writers block.

Reactions: Huckleberry Sound

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #474 ·
As far as the Stevens Audio Soft Dome Tweets above. Early impressions. If you painted them Black and called them ScanSpeak I don't think you would be able to tell the difference between them and the D3004. Maybe the SASDT's are a little more bright. Time will tell. I like'em.

Reactions: Huckleberry Sound

·
Super Moderator
471 Posts
Send them over, direct to him, let Ge0 share his review.
But they are sealed...Extra $50 discount to anyone who buys them and sends them to geo for a review/comparison...!

·
Super Moderator
471 Posts
The Google doc I store my reviews in is now up to 53 pages. I think I've only published about 10 pages so far. It's been 6 months in the making. I don't think I would call that amazing work. Writing is not my strong point. My mind wanders too much and I get writers block.
I marvel at the depth of your descriptive words!

·
Registered
469 Posts
ok, so as long as you can find a way to mount the massive things, the SA1's may be the best tweeter for a low budget sq build?

461 - 480 of 575 Posts