DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simple question- Can some of you SQ guru's who have tried it all tell me how mounting tweeters ( and maybe mids too) in A pillars would sound different then mounting the same said speakers in the dashboard facing up and reflecting off the glass? I'm looking to understand how the soundstage differs from one to the other and also any other acoustic phenomenon people have run into.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I wouldn't have them bouncing off the glass. Either stick them in your pillars or get some mounts that direct them to the dome light from the dash, but don't reflect them off the glass. i have never had good sucess with that and besides, you want to minimize reflections whenever possible.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I wouldn't have them bouncing off the glass. Either stick them in your pillars or get some mounts that direct them to the dome light from the dash, but don't reflect them off the glass. i have never had good sucess with that and besides, you want to minimize reflections whenever possible.
My Dad put soundstream 4.0s in the dash of my truck and from what i understand they didn't sound good in anything else he heard them in... altho they are just a fill my components are in the doors:]

·
Registered
352 Posts
Not directly related, but speaking from my own experience, with my midrange and tweeters mounted in the a-pillars, I did not get the level of detail and crispness as I did when I turned them in toward the center of the car.

I much prefer facing toward me than toward each other.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts