DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
I have Alpine spx-177R run by the Infinity amp Ref-7541A. My HU is Alpine 9887. The problem is that the left front speaker sometimes gets silent and never makes a sound till I'd turn up the volume very high and then the speaker start to sing! If I turn it down sometimes the speaker again stops singing!!

I've replaced the RCA cable but no difference. Checked all connections too.

plz help a newbie in solving the problem since no question's going to be dumb here!
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I had this happen to me once when I had a pair of A/D/S 325is - my right tweeter wouldn't play until I turned the volume up......turns out it was bad speaker wire, after swapping crossovers, etc....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have no passive crossover since the system is setup 3-way by cda-9887 (network).
Anyway I've checked the connections before & found no problem! Maybe it's necessary to replace some wires.

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Usually a bad connector on the speaker, but can be something else even the amp.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
An important issue is that the 2 pairs of speakers are set up through active crossover of the head unit 9887 (by network) and they're driven by one 4-channel amp so in 2-ohm. That is one pair of woofers/tweeters in 1 channel! Finally now the 2 left woofers (front & rear) have the problem. So the connection of the two is supposed to be ok unless both have week connection on that 1 channel of the amp or even this very channel has some problem.
Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts