DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
i like tunes and music
==========
6 posts in the span of what... Ten min? All of them 'i like this', 'thanks', etc... Looks like your going right down the line....

You could try getting involved in some threads and giving useful and constructive posts to get your 50 in....

·
Registered
59 Posts
WOW a blast from the past..I have known chuck for years. He always had a great sounding car..We used to go to just about every show we could find back in the day.. One thing about chuck, he was tested at a beltone clinic and they said only .5% of the population hear what he does..great ear and a great guy..but my ear isn't too far behind his...:)

·
Registered
340 Posts
Back from the dead.

Quick question, does this method apply to two seat apps as well? Just curious, since you'd probably be doing everything from the drivers seat, how do you make it sound good on both seats?
same question from me as well. if reversing polarity of a woofer for example would have it acoustically in phase with the other woofer from the drivers seat... would this mess it up for the passenger seat?

another (maybe really dumb question)... can you keep playing music while taking out say a woofer or a tweeter from the passive crossover without harming the system? say have just tweets play... then reverse polarity of 1 tweet would have just 1 tweeter total connected to the entire system. is it safe? just wan a make sure.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Great info, i'll be using this soon. Thank you! (up we go again) :)

·
Registered
712 Posts
This is an excerpt from a tuning thread I started on ECA a while back posted courtesy of Chuck Music aka "cmusic" here on the forum :) Some of you have probably seen this before as I have seen the link posted (and posted it myself) in many threads so I figured I'd just post the whole thing here for all to see and try. :)

Chuck wanted me to remind everyone that he wrote these tips for someone using a 3-way system with an active crossover between the sub and mids and a passive crossover on the mids and tweeters however the tips can be applied to a completely active 2, 3, or 4-way system. The great thing with these tips is ANYONE can do them without any "special" gear other than a test disc, music you like and most importantly your ears :D.

I have used these tips (along with a few other tips I've learned from the "gurus" :D) with great success over the years. If you follow the sequence just as it is laid out you may be pleasantly surprised at how great it will sound after you just get the acoustic polarity, levels, crossovers and phase between driver pairs set. :D

Also wanted to mention that Chuck hangs around here sometimes so if you have any questions I'm sure he wouldn't mind answering. :) Thanks Chuck and here we go! :)
I'm glad I found this thread. I will be installing speakers soon and this has been great, thanks for posting this. I do have a question, would the procedure be the same for a three way passive system? I don't see how it would be different, but I wanted to check. Also, going back to the steps that were listed, I don't understand the point of going through 3-5 if you are basically doing the same thing in steps 7-9, could someone please 'splain that to me?

·
Registered
83 Posts
13. In tuning you will find some eq bands will raise, lower, move the sound closer, or farther away if adjusted in certain manners. For example, lowering 5 KHz will generally move the soundstage farther away and raising 2 KHz will make the soundstage rise. Each vehicle and system will have different settings that will be the best. The best way to achieve awesome sound is to constantly adjust.
I know this is a fairly old thread but I have been looking for tuning information. I am new to this level of car audio, so I wasn't sure if there were other key things to consider when tuning the EQ or to look/hear for? Maybe even a book?

Also, I saw a bunch of people ask about time alignment but didn't see an answer. Any ideas on when to implement time alignment in this process?

Thanks!

21 - 40 of 69 Posts