DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3+yrs in the making here people, finally a proper sounding system...

I'm so excited I literally shed tears listening to Pink Floyd "Money"... The IB system ROCKS... and I'm pushing MAYBE 200w at this point...

Just a quick vid, completely flat, completely untuned, all crossover points @24db, none of the drivers are even broken in... cellphone vid (crap quality)

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
SoundStream The Continuum
Fountek FR88EX
Pioneer 720PRS
Pyle PLWB-15

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you....

The fuzz is my funk...lol...

Actually it covers the A/B/C pillars, headliner, rear deck, door inserts and most of the trunk...

2 fold purpose.
A. it's funky
B. it's part of my effort to quell hard surface reflections...

The headliner and read deck is covered in 1/8" CCF and the A/B/C pillars are covered in 1/4" CCF under the fuzz

Women LOVE it..

·
Registered
914 Posts
Thank you....

The fuzz is my funk...lol...

Actually it covers the A/B/C pillars, headliner, rear deck, door inserts and most of the trunk...

2 fold purpose.
A. it's funky
B. it's part of my effort to quell hard surface reflections...

The headliner and read deck is covered in 1/8" CCF and the A/B/C pillars are covered in 1/4" CCF under the fuzz

Women LOVE it..
Yeah i couldnt recognize what it was, kind of looked like shag carpet for a sec lol. Anyways it sounds really good even over the internet. Are you planning on entering any sq contests?

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Sir..

There aren't any near me... Part of the reson I offloaded my Alpine 9860/701 combo... I came to the realization that I "might" get to 2 comps a year and they are likely SPL only...

I've got an ISACA event I could do tomorrow if I want, but it's "Bass box" and something else SPL...

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks brudder... !!

People think I'm nutz, but that's the point... There isn't another like it...

I've got lots of hard surfaces though...

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
This explains why Muppet monsters went extinct!
Good job....sounds fantastic for a cell phone cam :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you Sir...

That's with no tuning, initial crossover settings only... It'll get better... too bad the cell vid sound won't..lol..

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Some more vids...

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Aaron, like the new battery and accuvolt mount. nice and clean.
Thank you much Sir... it does really clean things up and I also have another 300A fuse tucked behind the Accuvolt, so I'm fully protected now..

Liking the work so far sir!
Thank you Brotha...

I just wish the phone mic could do it more justice...

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice install. Tweeterless? I like the sub setup.
Thank you... Yes tweeterless... Hense the need for the extreme on-axis set-up... I hope the T/A can work around it..

The subs cost me a whopping 80$.. :D

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Sweet Aaron, you got it up and running. The fuzzy walls are the best! And where did you get those cool subs....lol, mine are still going just like new.

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks man..

lol... I got the subs off Amazon, i think...lol... Got the idea from you though..lol

I only wish they had a little more excursion...

Sent from the other side using mind bullets...(YapaTalk)

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Noooiiiice Setup! Would love to hear it!

Any updates on the tune? How are you liking the 720PRS/FR88EX combo? What crossover freq and slope are you using with these?

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Little more xmax would be nice, but every time I hammer them hard I think about how its overboard loud for my needs these days lol. They easily blow away most of the sub setups I've had in the past, and any of them if you include 30Hz and less. Sure I can make a ported/sealed that is louder, but not with the spread this has and it takes near no room and was dirt cheap.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts