DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Mmm...stock equipment, lol. That second one looks suprisingly like what came out of my Subura :p

I wonder what definition of "best" you meant. :D

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
OMG i think i need to start saving up, i mean really, $10 are you kidding me, i know both of those are at LEAST good for 100/each, i mean when your looking at quality that high, you know your getting ripped off for $2 a pop, i'd never pay that, but $100 would do me right i'd think. Should we get Dang to get some for testing... :D

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
95Legend said:
What for? We already know the distortion plot will be off the scale :D
Oh yea.....well would be nice, just to see how bad they blow some of the more expensive ribbons out of the water..... :D

·
Registered
605 Posts
I've actually bought a bunch of the oem buyout speakers, none of the ones still in stock though. I've got about a dozen each of 6 1/2's, 6x9's, and some tweeters. The 6x9's are biaxials, with a 4ohm woofer and 10ohm tweet. The others I picked up cuz they seemed to work pretty well together on paper. I actually changed the stock cap on the tweets to match the rolloff of the woofers. They blend pretty fairly well now, and considering the price I have invested they are hard to beat. Sure they aren't great, but I have less than $20 into 40 speakers.

When it comes down to it, most people that aren't into audio don't notice much of a difference in speakers. If it has a full sound, they simply think it sounds great. My soon-to-be inlaws are ecstatic with how much better their pontoon boat sounds and my dad loves having sound in his ice shanty. The pontoon images great, and my future father in law is simply amazed by it. I have hardly anything into them, and they get a lot of pleasure out of it, so it's a win-win in my book.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Yeah I agree, none of my family can tell the difference between the sound of stock/buyout drivers and high-end audio, though the difference to me is huge. All they notice is what speaker set has more bass, they are mid and treble deaf like most people.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Projects like those are my favorite. I've long been past the point of large returns on investment in audio. So seeing how excited people get from such inexpensive stuff with a litte effort behind it brings back that giddy feeling of yesteryear. It's just plain old fun.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
cotdt said:
Yeah I agree, none of my family can tell the difference between the sound of stock/buyout drivers and high-end audio, though the difference to me is huge. All they notice is what speaker set has more bass, they are mid and treble deaf like most people.
I agree My parents are the same way, which i guess shows why they don't understand why i want to upgrade my HT again, to them it sounds good....but who really knows what they are hearing....i can pick out plenty of stuff that i don't like about them, which is why i'm upgrading.....

I wish i had a few friends or family members that were into hifi as much as me, but thats few and far between and really a waist of money in all of there eyes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts