DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

41 - 60 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Lmao!!! You are going to learn how someone drops their vehicle off at a shop, that’s about it!
very true. im not like folks in the atlanta area that claim to have done and worked on world class installs with some of the best in the business, prefer to pay a pro that i trust and be done with it instead of always chasing gremlins/issues like someone in the atlanta area, prefer to enjoy it instead of claim to know how to do it, its not my expertise, much like someone in the atlanta area as well

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I very much appreciate high sound / build quality gear Porsche. Unfortunately I fear these amps cross the line into over priced gimmick. I admit I have never heard them so can't make a fair assessment. But, in your words what makes these so [email protected] good?

Can you hear the difference between 0.01% and 0.001% distortion an amp adds to your music? I would think the distortion produced by the best loudspeakers you can buy which is a factor of 10x greater would dominate.

Ge0
I have the same question although I dont ever knock a man and his money or ability to spend his money. I would love to hear a head to head testing to see if you would hear or test any differences in a 8k amp and lets say a 1K amp. I think at a certain point you just hit diminishing returns. This just reminds me when I purchased my first what I call decent watch. My father saw it and asked about price. reluctantly told him and he went upstairs and got his Timex which was something like 10 years old. He sat it on the table and said you paid x amount more than this and it does the same thing, tells time.

Beautiful amps either way and looking forward to the install.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
My bad, I thought he was doing the work
nope, but there will be a build log like the other cars i have done. i do not have the time or patience to install car audio nor the expertise, mush like an atlanta installer around this forum

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
I have the same question although I dont ever knock a man and his money or ability to spend his money. I would love to hear a head to head testing to see if you would hear or test any differences in a 8k amp and lets say a 1K amp. I think at a certain point you just hit diminishing returns. This just reminds me when I purchased my first what I call decent watch. My father saw it and asked about price. reluctantly told him and he went upstairs and got his Timex which was something like 10 years old. He sat it on the table and said you paid x amount more than this and it does the same thing, tells time.

Beautiful amps either way and looking forward to the install.
Don't get me wrong. I'm not knocking Chris or his ability to spend his money as he sees fit. That's his decision. I'd just like to understand what benefits he hopes to gain. I've never had the opportunity to make such a comparison.

Funny you should mention watches. My Father-in-law did the same thing with his Timex the first time I showed him the TAG his daughter bought me for my birthday. I didn't bother bringing up my Panerai Luminor I purchased a few years later :).

Ge0

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #47

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #49

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Why is there so much a$$ fuggery going on around this forum lately. Why spam someone's thread with useless garbage? Starting to become a common theme.

Ge0

Reactions: OME573X

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Why is there so much a$$ fuggery going on around this forum lately. Why spam someone's thread with useless garbage? Starting to become a common theme.

Ge0
jealousy and envy is a *****, this forum is a shadow of what it was. sad, it use to be a cool place to chat and discuss our systems, now its just a whine fest with a bunch of morons.

Reactions: OME573X

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
jealousy and envy is a *, this forum is a shadow of what it was. sad, it use to be a cool place to chat and discuss our systems, now its just a whine fest with a bunch of morons.
Well, I have to agree to some extent. There are a bunch of morons around here. I'll try to get more smarter and stuff :)

Ge0

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
On a side note those gold amps are going to look badass in a black Panny. What color is the interior?

Ge0

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
jealousy and envy is a *, this forum is a shadow of what it was. sad, it use to be a cool place to chat and discuss our systems, now its just a whine fest with a bunch of morons.
I mean, yes it has gone to ****, but I don't think showing those expensive of amps being installed by a shop would have had any better of a response 10-15 years ago. Not exactly what this forum was made for. In fact, I think the place this forum used to be would have been a lot harsher on you. Not even like you discussed anything system wise, just showed off really expensive amps.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I mean, yes it has gone to ****, but I don't think showing those expensive of amps being installed by a shop would have had any better of a response 10-15 years ago. Not exactly what this forum was made for. In fact, I think the place this forum used to be would have been a lot harsher on you. Not even like you discussed anything system wise, just showed off really expensive amps.
let me get this straight, this is a forum about car audio. i post that my amps came in and thats showing off because they are expensive, but i guess if they $299 alpine amps than its all good. an since i do not do my own installs and i pay a pro which folks like you should be thankful for than i guess im a poser. your logic is fu==ed, go screw your self neibur, an by the way i retract my statement about you being a pro. i wonder if you would think that if i was paying you to install them, don't worry, never happen, im going with nick on this one. oh, an thanks for driving my earlier point home

·
Registered
2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 M/T
124 Posts
This is a DIY forum more than a equipment forum so we can all learn from each other. One of the biggest reasons I decided to do the build myself is I was quoted 30k from 2 shops to do my build. I could not justify that and for the most part I don't trust most installers not to say there are not great ones out there. Part of the issue these days around social media is the hate that seems to come out and god forbid if your wrong about something everyone jumps all over you. I blew it on an earlier topic and gave incorrect information and was corrected. I thanked the group for the info because we all should help each other out. But there will be lots of forks in the road and a few different ways of doing things. Skill sets help the job go faster and with less effort and if you have the tools the fabrication comes out better. But looks is one thing and sound is another. Cost for most is the limiting factor of the cool **** but does not mean that the sound is better. With anything, there are diminishing returns but the quest for excellence is what some of us are after. I think the tuning is the most important part of the build because if you know what your doing most equipment comes out sounding pretty good. Of course its great to get to the next level and experience it for yourself

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
let me get this straight, this is a forum about car audio. i post that my amps came in and thats showing off because they are expensive, but i guess if they $299 alpine amps than its all good. an since i do not do my own installs and i pay a pro which folks like you should be thankful for than i guess im a poser. your logic is fu==ed, go screw your self neibur, an by the way i retract my statement about you being a pro. i wonder if you would think that if i was paying you to install them, don't worry, never happen, im going with nick on this one. oh, an thanks for driving my earlier point home
Really Dude? You think this is at all what this forum was built on? I didn't have a problem with anything you did until you tried to say the "old forum" was better for a thread like this. People got flamed for buying Alpine on the "old forum". Get a clue dude.

I have no problem with you spending your money the way you see fit. Or getting a pro to install it. But that is NOT what the forum was originally about. If you don't understand that, then you might need a forum history lesson.

And FWIW, those amp look amazing and Nick is a really smart choice for an installer.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Really Dude? You think this is at all what this forum was built on? I didn't have a problem with anything you did until you tried to say the "old forum" was better for a thread like this. People got flamed for buying Alpine on the "old forum". Get a clue dude.

I have no problem with you spending your money the way you see fit. Or getting a pro to install it. But that is NOT what the forum was originally about. If you don't understand that, then you might need a forum history lesson.

And FWIW, those amp look amazing and Nick is a really smart choice for an installer.
OK. Now I feel compelled to play moderator here. Jerry, glad you took the direction you did on this one. You could have went the opposite route but decided to keep it civil.

Ge0

·
1,740 Posts
Easy fellas... this is quickly getting nasty, and it doesn't need to.

Looking forward to seeing the Apicella Build Log.

41 - 60 of 97 Posts