DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

81 - 100 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Dude why do you even bother engaging him? Most of us sheep are smarter than that! Seriously, this douche has issues... just couldn’t help myself any longer. Good luck with the build. JFC!
thanks

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #83

·
Registered
76 Posts
jealousy and envy is a *, this forum is a shadow of what it was. sad, it use to be a cool place to chat and discuss our systems, now its just a whine fest with a bunch of morons.
you are correct,some of it is the guys that contribute have left. There are some who have nothing better then to harass guys who are doing something with their lives....Hey you know what time it is.

·
Registered
2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 M/T
126 Posts
Porsche, when are you going to begin your build? What equipment makes up the build?, we got 6 pages of your amplifiers so just wondering what the rest looks like. Bottom line is there are levels to just about everything you want to get into. This build is around the same level that you seen in SEMA shows so who cares what any of them thinks, I would like like to see what your doing, I think the process is pretty fascinating, when you push the boundaries to experience something that is new regardless of the costs or time. I am the slowest builder on this forum so I have zero to boast about but I am excited to see how it turns out after I am done

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Porsche, when are you going to begin your build? What equipment makes up the build?, we got 6 pages of your amplifiers so just wondering what the rest looks like. Bottom line is there are levels to just about everything you want to get into. This build is around the same level that you seen in SEMA shows so who cares what any of them thinks, I would like like to see what your doing, I think the process is pretty fascinating, when you push the boundaries to experience something that is new regardless of the costs or time. I am the slowest builder on this forum so I have zero to boast about but I am excited to see how it turns out after I am done
i will be posting a build log shortly once i get all the details worked out, this post was simply to show the amps, had no intention for anything else and sucks that it turned into a pissing match

·
Premium Member
5,185 Posts
i will be posting a build log shortly once i get all the details worked out, this post was simply to show the amps, had no intention for anything else and sucks that it turned into a pissing match
At least one person appreciated it.
Thanks!

Reactions: Porsche

·
Registered
1,284 Posts

The question isn't "does gear sound different or better", it's whether you can afford it, whether you can justify it in terms of value, or whatever else motivates you.

In contrast the Nakamichi CD players and receivers underperformed badly compared to other brands. So being expensive doesn't always guarantee performance.

But also, we sold a lot of AU$600 amps (and CD players). Stretching my memory I think they were the Marantz PM50, Rotel RA-940BX and the Pioneer A400, all about 50wpc into 8 ohms. They all sounded different. If three $600 amps can sound different then most gear will too.

And if porshe can afford those awesome looking amps good on him. We all have our hobbies.
I highlight the expensive doesnt always guarantee performance. We all have to justify value. In many cases I throw purchase price to the side understanding this, whatever I am looking at should be competitively priced but certainly can be different. In this case, OP has determined he sees value in amps at that price point. For me, I would love to just see testing to see if at that price point, we could detect any performance difference. Again, this is no slam at all against the OP. Great for him, that he can purchase amps at 8k a pop. I just wonder if an 8k amp performs any differently that lets say a very good 1500 dollar amp. I am concerned more about how the amps test out compared to other well known amps that cost significantly less.

As example we are justify the value in things we pay. I have decent set of aftermarket wheels on my car. The shop that balances and mounts my tires does work for a speed shop across the street. The shop does high end fabrication and motor work for car projects and sends their wheels over to the wheel shop I go to. The last time I had a new set of tires mounted they were aligning a Supra. While I was there, the tech who knows I like cars said come look at these wheels. They had a set of wheels the speed shop sent over and wouldnt touch. The wheels before tires were something like 15k. The owner basically wasnt willing to mount a set of 20k wheels and scratch them. Case in point, I have about 2 k in my aftermarket wheels and they are considered pretty decent. The next guy spent 20k on wheels and tires for a street car. BTW, this was not a track car, just a daily driver.

·
Registered
368 Posts
The wheels before tires were something like 15k. The owner basically wasnt willing to mount a set of 20k wheels and scratch them. Case in point, I have about 2 k in mine
And to that guy, the $15k most likely means less to him than the $2k did for you.
Its good to be the King !

·
Registered
126 Posts
I would say that if you are wondering how well an amp performs, I certainly would not base your understandings from posters on a forum, go do the research and find out by a respectable review and read the stats for yourself. https://www.facebook.com/abysscaraudio/ ABYSS CAR AUDIO. It will be difficult to find because the amps are produced overseas and looks like they have limited distribution here in the US. The biggest thing around sound quality is that these are class A and most amps are either A/B or D. Class A amps run hot because of their AMP draw but they are more on the high end scale.

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
I highlight the expensive doesnt always guarantee performance. We all have to justify value. In many cases I throw purchase price to the side understanding this, whatever I am looking at should be competitively priced but certainly can be different. In this case, OP has determined he sees value in amps at that price point. For me, I would love to just see testing to see if at that price point, we could detect any performance difference. Again, this is no slam at all against the OP. Great for him, that he can purchase amps at 8k a pop. I just wonder if an 8k amp performs any differently that lets say a very good 1500 dollar amp. I am concerned more about how the amps test out compared to other well known amps that cost significantly less.

As example we are justify the value in things we pay. I have decent set of aftermarket wheels on my car. The shop that balances and mounts my tires does work for a speed shop across the street. The shop does high end fabrication and motor work for car projects and sends their wheels over to the wheel shop I go to. The last time I had a new set of tires mounted they were aligning a Supra. While I was there, the tech who knows I like cars said come look at these wheels. They had a set of wheels the speed shop sent over and wouldnt touch. The wheels before tires were something like 15k. The owner basically wasnt willing to mount a set of 20k wheels and scratch them. Case in point, I have about 2 k in my aftermarket wheels and they are considered pretty decent. The next guy spent 20k on wheels and tires for a street car. BTW, this was not a track car, just a daily driver.
I too am not bagging @Porsche and we all have our hobbies and in the middle of covid that can make us insane.

Those amps look absolutely beautiful.

Re value and performance price doesn't always guarantee quality. I'm sure porshe has done his homework

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
I would say that if you are wondering how well an amp performs, I certainly would not base your understandings from posters on a forum, go do the research and find out by a respectable review and read the stats for yourself. https://www.facebook.com/abysscaraudio/ ABYSS CAR AUDIO. It will be difficult to find because the amps are produced overseas and looks like they have limited distribution here in the US. The biggest thing around sound quality is that these are class A and most amps are either A/B or D. Class A amps run hot because of their AMP draw but they are more on the high end scale.
I have class A at home, my Marantz 30yo PM80 does 20 in class A and you can switch to 100 clas AB

Also my limited edition musical fidelity Nuvista preamp #276/500 is class A. That has valves too, the nuvistor, the tiny metal ones. I think my MF X-P100 preamp is class a too. And my burson conductor preamp / headamp/ dac is class A too.

I just need to work out what to sell :)

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
they run class a upto about 20 watts than switch to a/b

·
Registered
126 Posts
How did you decide to go with these amps vs other high end amps? I can't find any reviews or detailed information around them. Since they are made overseas and have no distributors that I could find here in the US did you get them shipped directly from Abyss? Did you look at the Billet series from Tru-Techonology (B22-A)?

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
How did you decide to go with these amps vs other high end amps? I can't find any reviews or detailed information around them. Since they are made overseas and have no distributors that I could find here in the US did you get them shipped directly from Abyss? Did you look at the Billet series from Tru-Techonology (B22-A)?
i have used the tru amps, not even close to the dual mono. abyss built the tru coppers many years ago. they are a refined amp built off the legendary monolithic sound dual mono which i have owned several over the years, best i amp i have owned and i have owned many

·
Registered
126 Posts
What are your thoughts around the Genesis Duel Mono? I don't know of very many duel Mono, what makes these duel mono's superior to the rest out there?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Would you give the Tru Technology Copper amps a second place to your Abyss?

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Would you give the Tru Technology Copper amps a second place to your Abyss?
the tru coppers where designed/built by abyss, they are great amps. they do not compare to the dual mono, A class or zelos.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
What are your thoughts around the Genesis Duel Mono? I don't know of very many duel Mono, what makes these duel mono's superior to the rest out there?
the genesis DM is a great ample have used them years ago. the DM is better. im not going to get into a debate on why one is better than the other but i have owned both, the abyss is better, no question

·
Registered
126 Posts
I never knew that Tru-Tech ripped off the design for their copper series from Abyss. I always known that the Copper series amps were the top of the line back in the day. The Zelos Verdi, what is the output of that one?, I don't see that AMP listed on their home page. The only issue with Amplifiers is the foot print installing them which is a bit of a challenge when you need so many to run a typical 3 way with subs. Are you going to run more speakers than the typical 6 plus subs?

81 - 100 of 109 Posts