DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Others disagree many have had and compete have switched. They don't do that unless they have put everything through their paces. If i seriously have to list the home audio speakers more highly revered then we are too far apart to be talking about the same thing.

again, who? are there better home speakers, YES, but very few and the ones that are better IMO cost much more money. you have all this info so instead of talking out your a55 plz do tell what SQ guys are snickering

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
If you actually do care, seek out a kenrick, tannoy or klipsch heritage owner in your area with electronics on par with yours. Find an apogee, magnepan, or sound lab owner. Find an old codger with altecs. Then come back and tell us how your dyn mttm 6" trounce them

·
Registered
830 Posts
If you actually do care, seek out a kenrick, tannoy or klipsch heritage owner in your area with electronics on par with yours. Find an apogee, magnepan, or sound lab owner. Find an old codger with altecs. Then come back and tell us how your dyn mttm 6" trounce them
ok, i doubt you have heard what you are speaking of. kenrick/jbl and klipsch are a joke. the flagship tannoys are very nice. maggies, i owned the 20's, not even close. sound lab, listened to many and the flagship is very good. same goes for apogee. codgers? altecs, come on man. i have the dyna evidence platinums with octave electronics and am quite happy. until you get into big magicos, avalons (owned them), etc you are not even close with what you listed. get back with me when you actually have a pair in your den cause i do and quit listening to what people tell you or what your read on a forum, later

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
That's the most ignorant statement of stupidity i have ever seen. Don't worry i will share it on the forums for the lols. I was an audio reviewer and have many a old friend with exactly the same as i listed. They will love this ignorance.

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
I’ve heard several of those brands, and they are very good. I listened to these Dyns tonight, and they are fantastic - the Blades were sitting in the corner. To each their own.

But then again, this is supposed to be about Accuton mobile drivers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
830 Posts
That's the most ignorant statement of stupidity i have ever seen. Don't worry i will share it on the forums for the lols. I was an audio reviewer and have many a old friend with exactly the same as i listed. They will love this ignorance.
whats stupid, i spoke about what i have owned and auditioned. share what you want on the forums, what mag where you a audio reviewer for? also, still waiting on the LIST of sq guys that that think the dyna suck. you talk a lot of BS with zero to back up, unlike you i own what we are discussing

·
Registered
401 Posts

I like Dynaudio very much and are world class. That being said, I've owned and auditioned the best ribbon tweeter's and diamond tweeters on the market.

These accuton drivers will be the best car audio designed drivers and will blow everything out of the water from Focal.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I wrote and deleted the same question about who thinks that dynaudio suck and deleted it cuz my argument would cause so much butt hurt but it’s only a matter of time till some people that thinks they know what sounds good actually experience reference quality sound and realize that their boner sounds like Chinese dynaudio lmfao.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
TAD on last pics....nothing in common with Accuton or Focal.

There are many very expensive speakers out there, so why do you bother now with price of Accuton - similar prices are also for Rainbow Reference, ZR Speaker Labs,....heck, even plastic Bewith is in this price tag Group

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Ok, so to get back on topic (because the talk of better home speakers is irrelevant), regarding the Accutons, Porsche is right that their engineering is top notch. They make true ceramic cones, unlike the other manufacturers who use coatings. This is a difficult and expensive process. In addition, they have some very unique designs like their Cell drivers. The car audio line looks more traditional than those, but I'm sure they are well engineered and built, just like every one of their drivers.
We could debate about cost all day, but there are a number of very high priced car audio brands, some of which you certainly do NOT get the level of engineering, design, quality and performance that you will get from Accuton. Yes, Accuton is a premium brand and the price reflects it, but they actually deliver in those departments with an amazing product for that high price tag.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Bumping this thread again as an update on the Accuton Ceramic 3 way Peter @ Psounds build with all Brax amps. Listening to the video teaser this car sounds absolutely amazing through YouTube with my headphones. I can only imagine what this car sounds like in person. Enjoy!

·
Registered
830 Posts
I'm sure it cost a fortune but i wouldn't have this install, looks like a "rave" on wheels. to each there own

·
Registered
41 Posts
Porsche, I agree regarding the Studio 54 light show in the trunk however, later in the video showing clips of different music playing it sounded pretty incredible. Especially since I know I’m listening to it via YouTube with a decent pair of headphones.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
all systems build by Peter Steinbacher (PS Sound) sounds VERY nice. And his installs are more and more complicated and good looking with great attention to detail.We will not discuss on personal preferences about design.... also you can switch off all that lightning for everyday use....it is a bonus for competition and it is eye catchy

·
Registered
41 Posts
LBaudio, I certainly wasn’t being negative per say about Peters install and I’m pretty sure neither was Porsche. We both know the lighting aspect of this particular install was designed for competition and certainly wasn’t an easy lighting install. I think, myself at least we’re just commenting on the lighting aspect of it were built in a non competing client. I personally wouldn’t want it in my install if I wasn’t competing and I believe Porsche was saying the same thing. I’ve been subbed to Pssound on YouTube for some time now so I’m familiar with his installs and attention to detail. I even said that listening to the car demo through YouTube with a pair of decent headphones that the car sounds absolutely incredible and I can only imagine what it sounds like sitting in the car. Peters installs are on a next level and his tuning is superb! I certainly wasn’t knocking his install or anything of the sort. I was just saying the lighting display would’ve way too much for me if it were an everyday non competition vehicle is all.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Captain Obvious you demoed a whole bunch of drivers including the (home) Accutons and I think they were near the top of your list but you ended up choosing something else. Do you remember any impressions of these ? From what I've read (and heard through youtube videos) is they are very detailed and accurate, almost strikingly so. This is also the comments we've heard about the FJ Cruiser that had them installed. By the same token I've heard some comments that this accuracy can also be a bit fatiguing. One thing I read is "they sound amazing for the first ten minutes, but then you start to wish for a little more warmth".

I don't know anything and have never heard them except on you tube videos on computer speakers, just stimulating discussion.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Captain Obvious you demoed a whole bunch of drivers including the (home) Accutons and I think they were near the top of your list but you ended up choosing something else. Do you remember any impressions of these ? From what I've read (and heard through youtube videos) is they are very detailed and accurate, almost strikingly so. This is also the comments we've heard about the FJ Cruiser that had them installed. By the same token I've heard some comments that this accuracy can also be a bit fatiguing. One thing I read is "they sound amazing for the first ten minutes, but then you start to wish for a little more warmth".

I don't know anything and have never heard them except on you tube videos on computer speakers, just stimulating discussion.
i have been using accuton for 20 years, nothing fatiguing about them. they are some of if not the most neutral driver i have ever used. the key with accuton is everything in the chain has to be top notched and dialed in to get your money worth otherwise yes, they don't sound that great. they are very detailed, neutral and revealing anyone that knocks them more than likely didn't have them install properly

41 - 58 of 58 Posts