DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
8,731 Posts
I know power is cheap but I have some older Audison VRx amps I am unwilling to part with. 250 watts into 8ohms doesn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy.

If they were 4 ohm I would come right to you and pick one up, you're pretty close.
are you willing to hold off these amazing subs due to old amp?
or buy both, wire in parallel and enjoy for the next 20 years or until that audison dies, then get a proper amp for them.

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
are you willing to hold off these amazing subs due to old amp?
Yes.

or buy both, wire in parallel and enjoy for the next 20 years or until that audison dies, then get a proper amp for them.
I don't want or need two 15" subs, one will suffice. There is nothing improper about an Italian made VRx mono amp that will do 1000 rms into 2 ohms or 2000 rms into 1 ohm.

·
11,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Except the current draw. They were nice amps and I think you would have been happy...but I understand where you were coming from.

But the 15s are all gone.

Now the 12s need a new home(s).

·
Registered
49 Posts
Confirming the last pair of 15's have reached their destination. Factory sealed without the factory wait time. Satisfied..........and then some.

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
I am curious how they compare as well if you dont mind posting.....
I just know for 8 ohms (bridged to 4) on a small Massive Audio N3 they do very well...
Trying to find the time to install the Zapco Z2KD i have in the closet...

·
11,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
1 left that I may not ever use.

Bump.

What a bad year for me- impending divorce and a really really bad custody battle this summer/fall.

Need to get some gear moved.

Will make great deals and prices not firm. Motivated to sell.

I am not on here as much...but do check my email regularly :

jasonwinslow @ yahoo.com

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
And I thought my 2017 sucked so far just with a job situation. Sorry to hear it.

Folks if you're shy about 8 ohms, don't be.. I'm running two 8ohm SBP12's individually on the sub channels of XD1000/5's and they're pushing absolutely fine. My tune usually has them backed off about 10db or so from the other drivers. IB does not require massive gobs of power. A single 8ohm 15" like this would be a stellar IB setup.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts