X d @ d2=10% 23.9 mm

Sample Data:

Driver Picture:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Le distortion is stupid low!
John knows how to make a motor. I'm surprised the Bl xmax wasn't that much higher than the CMS. What happened to the 5.6mm?

·
18,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
when I pushed it, the curve got a bit broader. 5.6mm was in the middle of test. it moves around a good 0.5mm with most tests.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Got it! BTW thanks for doing this. I really wanted to see what this thing would do. It performed a little better than I expected.

Forgot to mention, I ordered two of the Vifa NE 8"s from PE. If you are interested in those I will let you know when they come in.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
The way I see it the illuminator and Anarchy best this thing on displacement (larger Sd and Xmax). From the Le values I would assume the AE would best the Anarchy on high end extension but it looks like the illuminator would be the best of them all.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Very good to see info on this driver. Yes, John does make nice motors. If it were not so heavy, I would love to have my AE Ultimate UB15 tested.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Yeah, I kind of expected that. With the amount of power I have I don't know that it makes a large difference but it should help avoid a little thermal compression. The Illuminator did surprise me on sensitivity.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks bikinpunk for your time and the data^^

Why are Qes & QTS (mesured) lower than John's value?

·
18,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks bikinpunk for your time and the data^^

Why are Qes & QTS (mesured) lower than John's value?
Why are my sensitivity values higher?

It always varies from mfg to end user test. You'll see the same happens with even paid industry professionals and their tests. I can't tell you why mfg data isn't always exact but I can tell you it's not uncommon for them to differ. Heck, some differ within the same drivers. That's when QC is an issue.

·
Premium Member
6,214 Posts
The way I see it the illuminator and Anarchy best this thing on displacement (larger Sd and Xmax). From the Le values I would assume the AE would best the Anarchy on high end extension but it looks like the illuminator would be the best of them all.
True that the Illum is still the "beast" when it comes to the specs and tests. However, with my limited Klippel knowledge, I'd choose the TD6H cause the performance is really close to the Anarchy but with a smaller mounting depth.
Efficiency is better on the AE too :D

Kelvin

PS: wondering how you can calculate "displacement limits" based on graphs only... Would like to know the smallest displacement for the B&C 8NDl51-8's Klippel test that we have on the website
Is Xmag = X BL @ BL min=82%? or 71%?
Is Xsus = X C @ C min=75%?

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
It seems like they would make a great midrange, probably close to the Illuminator over 300hz. Down low the Illuminator as well as the Anarchy are doing quite a bit better. That QTS is also ridiculously low.

·
Premium Member
6,214 Posts
It seems like they would make a great midrange, probably close to the Illuminator over 300hz. Down low the Illuminator as well as the Anarchy are doing quite a bit better. That QTS is also ridiculously low.
Yup, with an EBP of 217 :eek:, it SERIOUSLY calls for horn loaded enclosures :rolleyes: I guess it is really directed to Home Audio applications...

Kelvin

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
They are thin down low but with the excursion capability and efficiency you can eq them flat to 80hz in car very easily. That being said I would never consider these as the bottom of a three way front stage. However they do quite nicely as the bottom of a two way...

·
Registered
515 Posts
Why are my sensitivity values higher?

It always varies from mfg to end user test. You'll see the same happens with even paid industry professionals and their tests. I can't tell you why mfg data isn't always exact but I can tell you it's not uncommon for them to differ. Heck, some differ within the same drivers. That's when QC is an issue.
It honestly varies from driver to driver for EVERY manufacturer, there's just so many different parts that even a small, minute change can cause differences in measurement. Also, measurement can change from run to run. I bet if you run the tests in the summer vs. the winter things would change a bit due to atmospheric conditions etc. Again, just so many variables.

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
^^^ Correct! The Klippel can be used for consistency checks across drivers and to quantify the impact of temperature on driver performance. Isn't it awesome?

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
The box required for this speaker is so tiny I'd be willing to say that a kickpanel would be really easy to pulloff. Only .08 cubes needed to get a Q of .707. You can either port or EQ to get it to extend down flat. There is enough excursion to EQ the living crap out of it down low. John really designed a killer kick speaker for car use.

He also far surpased our expectations on the suspension goodies. Amazing product, and quite unique.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts