DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My question comes with the use of ensolite and the use of Egg Shell foam, Which is better to use where when it comes to which type of acoustical information i am trying to lighten or soak up.

I ask this because i had talked to Rick (Raamaudio) and he told me that ensolite primarily helps with high frequency information, and i'm trying to soak up some of my road noises and such. In my quarter panels i was planning on putting in a layer of egg shell foam and ensolite but i really wonder which would be the best to use.

I have eggshell foam as well as plenty of ensolite so amount isint really important.

But which would be the best application for each materials qualities. And what are the overall qualities of Ensolite and Egg shell foam.

Hope this was straight forward.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So to get rid of lower frequency road noises and such, should i do like a layer of ensolite then a layer of eggshell foam over it? I have plenty of each so no problem with amount to use, would just like to nock out the road noises and such in my trouble spots the best i possibly can.

Any more suggestions?

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
I use ensolite all over the install where thicker foam will not fit and inside doors due to moisture in them. I use egg crate(actually engineered for audio purposes, not generic stuff) in areas where I have the room and cannot get wet.

I have a couple of pieces left I an carefully using in our project car.

Rick

·
DIYMA lurker
801 Posts
A write-up on this site recommends using egg-carton foam in the doors behind the windows, as an absorber to block road noise and to dampen the thuddiness of the mids. Ensolite being a blocker more than an absorber, would it have the same effect, making the midbass less thumpy?

Dan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.