Car Stereo Forum banner

Active crossover on amp question

726 Views 3 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  yogegoy
When your amp has a LP/HP/bandpass with a dial between the ranges of 20-5000... How do you accurately measure what frequency you are actually crossing over at?
1 - 1 of 4 Posts
You could use test tones and a voltmeter/o-scope. That would be pretty time consuming.

The easier way would be to use a calibrated microphone and measure the acoustic response of the speaker. Although you'll be measuring the combined response of the speaker, the acoustic environment, and the electric filters - this would be the preferred way.
1 - 1 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.