·
Registered
2014 VW CC Sport
1,661 Posts
I had audison voce in 2 cars.
hp tweets 4000
Mids hp300-lp3200
Midbass hp80-lp 180-200hz
The gap between mods and tweets will make it cross closer to 3700 and create a small dip which is in the area that is harsh to ears. Look at a Jazzi curve and you’ll see this dip is intentional.
The midbass to mid gap isn’t much because you’ll run the midbass up to 6db hotter but cutting the midbass off at 180-200 keeps the lower male registry from coming out of them.

·
Super Moderator
2,470 Posts
So far I was thinking 1" (3.4k), 3" (1.1k), 6.5" (500), 8* (100) @ 24db slope.

Look close?

I would contact Audison and ask them, or consult their manual.

I have Audison Thesis speakers and they have the recommend crossover information in their manual (which is what I used)...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I would contact Audison and ask them, or consult their manual.

I have Audison Thesis speakers and they have the recommend crossover information in their manual (which is what I used)...
This is the manual info....AV1.1, AV3.0, AV6.5, respectively.

Looks to me like as with most spec sheets, they provide effective speaker frequency ranges, not specific bandpass recommendations per application. From what I see here, using a 3" mid, the tweeter cross raises from 2.5k to 4k. Noted.

The other points need to be learned by trial and error. This sheet ignores the recommended critical point between the 3" and the 6.5". The sub I can find by my ear depending on the sound of my sub enclosure.

Lucky many of you have used these drivers so I'll seek your advice,

Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Slope
Font Parallel Rectangle Pattern Number

1 - 8 of 8 Posts