DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I’m designing a new setup and I really want to use an audio control dsp/amp for my front components and rear coaxials. My original plan was to run a D-6.1200 and run active to front components. But I’ve realized I can run a D-4.800 and run passive to the components and save $400. Is active worth $400? Or is it basically the same either way?

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Hey guys. I’m designing a new setup and I really want to use an audio control dsp/amp for my front components and rear coaxials. My original plan was to run a D-6.1200 and run active to front components. But I’ve realized I can run a D-4.800 and run passive to the components and save $400. Is active worth $400? Or is it basically the same either way?
Active with the right DSP and a good tune is worth way more than $400... But I don't know anything about the Audio Control unit.

I would skip the rear coaxs and put that money toward the front equipment.

·
Premium Member
3,350 Posts
If the speakers are close together and you are not running super load, then the passives should be just dandy.

Whether you some EQ in a head unit may also be a factor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts