DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Active Processor options

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  ErinH 
#1 ·
99% sure i'm going to be using the Alpine iva-w205 or the new 203 and want to run a 3-way front stage and no sub.

I know I can use the H701 (or can I with the new w203?)

I know about the Audison Bit One, but price is semi prohibitive (to the wife anyway) and I can't seem to find one.

Basically...I want to get a processor with the capabilities of running the 3-way active front stage with the option of adding a sub later if I must, but I wouldn't mind a more affordable option and preferably something that is more available on the market.

Let me know your rec's if you don't mind!

#2 ·
So you need a processor with 3 stereo outs and at least a mono sub out, so a 4-way output?

That leaves out the dsp-6. I am using the dsp-6 with a 4-way system but the tweets and mids are equidistant (no time-delay advantages for dedicating an OP for tweets and another for mids), so I am using the same HP output from it for both, and crossing them over using the amp crossovers.

#8 ·
Learn how to work it out using Zapco DSP6 or wait a little bit until the Zapco DSP8 comes out.IMO

#9 ·
You could always use the dsp6 and just use the amp for LPF. You'd have no EQ for it but you might not need it depending on the amp. Don’t forget that your headunit would allow you to to individually control the sub, too, assuming it has a LPF function for crossing the sub.

Bit One... I'll probably be selling mine when it comes back to me because I've already replaced my system with zapco dc ref amps.

h701 would work for sure. You can control it directly from the alpine headunit which is a nice plus. Out of all of those, on a budget, the h701 would be the most obvious choice. The bit one sounds better, for sure, but given a smaller budget and your needs, and the fact that you already would have an alpine headunit, the h701 makes the most sense.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.