DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I dont have the manual for the 8454, I am trying to figure the best way to go active. It is my understanding that neither offer bandpass so I have to figure a way to make it work. I am thinking of using the highpass crossover on the channes 1 and 2 from the amp for the active tweeter. What would be the easiest way to make a bandpass for channels 3 and 4 between my amps xovers and the xovers in my 8454 assuming neither allows bandpass? I use an older Alpine 5 1/4 type x set. Is it best to stay with crossover points in the passive set and work from there?

·
Registered
526 Posts
the 300/4 offers bandpass: from memory, high pass the front channels (2,500 hz or whatever sounds good), run the rca out to the rear channels (will be the low pass equivalent of whatever high pass you choose), high pass the rears (70hz or whatever sounds good. just check out the jl site, they have it under manuals. jps

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have been doing this all by messing with settings. I got the deck from a local dealer with no manuals. I am going to have to order the manual from United because I will be totally lost. I will look at my JL manual again, but I just remember being told it didnt do bandpass.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Rudeboy, do you have an extra manual, or would you be willing to make a copy of the 8454 you have?
x2. Do you have a PDF of the manual? I just bought a CD8454 and am anxious to set it up. I can at least start reading the manual while its being shipped.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Rudeboy, do you have an extra manual, or would you be willing to make a copy of the 8454 you have?
x2. Do you have a PDF of the manual? I just bought a CD8454 and am anxious to set it up. I can at least start reading the manual while its being shipped.
I just have the one. My scanner is a little bit too flaky to try and scan the whole thing. Sorry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.