DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
despite getting spray glue alllllllllllll over my arms....i'm loving this stuff.....

stuff i got was 3/4" thick....so i couldn't put it between the interior door panel and my door.....panel wouldn't go back on....

so i slapped it on my outer door panel....everywhere i could reach....and on the backside of the "inner" panel...where my window gears wouldn't rip it off....

noticeable decrease in road noise....like riding in a coffin....less door resonance's resulting in "purer" midbass output for my xls's :)

now i just need to get something not quite as thick to put on my interior panel....highly recommend this stuff though....aside from the glue on the arms :)

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Derek said:
now i just need to get something not quite as thick to put on my interior panel....
ENSOLITE closed cell foam, about 1/8" thick. works killer. Contact Rick McCallum over at Raam Audio, he sells it for basically cost. I used 5 running yards on my truck and it covered just about everything. I added this foam over my existing Raammat bxt60 for added dampening. Its everywhere, floorboard, 2layers in all 4 doors and rear wall. I put a second layer of the ensolite under my sub box. I can crank my ///Alpine hu up to 32, and not hear a damn thing 5 feet from my truck, but open the doors and BLAM you get hit with a wall of sound. So yeah, it works fawking great!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.