1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello!
Hope everyone is well

I need an advice:
I have 2010 Cadillac CTS, with pretty much stock infotainment system.
Why pretty much? - due to excruciatingly high taxes on cars in my country, whatever they can install here they do. So this car has external BURY X Bluetooth module (which is horrible) - it uses external speaker,
and the GPS is also external module (some kind of pc based on Windows CE) because I doubt anyone in the world uses NavNGo navigation systems - the company is local. despite gps being external device - it works with original touch display Of the car! (Only the resolution is low).

so, I thought - maybe there is external device out there, that I can install instead of the gps unit?

what I want from this external device is
  • either CarPlay plain and simple = waze, calls, music, etc.
  • if not, at least support for Waze, and phone (BT for phone calls) (some kind of android based device probably)
  • in any case I want to retain touch control on the built in screen = I want “the device” to work with cars original touch screen.
please advice is there such a device?

alternatively if some one has technicians manual for the system, or a picture of the back of the oem unit with description of the cables - it may also help.

i will have another problem to solve - currently the BT and GPS use external speaker. I will have to figure out how to connect “the device” to car audio system (cannibalize the AUX input perhaps?).

anyway, I will appreciate any advice.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Here you go, been looking to possibly upgrade our CTS at some point and these appear to be the most popular options available:

I'll probably go with the navtool unit if I do, but I've also debated the Metra kit and an aftermarket head unit:

My biggest hang up with the Metra is that it leaves a bunch of unused buttons on the console that are related to the OEM head unit. If it were my car, I would likely be OK with it, but it is my wife's vehicle and I don't know that she would be happy with an entire section of the console being useless.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much!

I will probably go with Metra, since the car is all mine.

option 1 is also interesting, but I heard from technicians here that quality is not very good

anyway, thanks and good luck with your car!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts