DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Those look promising.

XBL^2 motor....most impressive young Jedi.

·
Tuning is everything.
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will these play high enough to use in a 2 way?
I've heard mixed reports on this. I'll let you know when I get mine. The consensus i've heard is that the midbass response is so strong, that midrange output get's dwarfed slightly... I have a feeling these would match well with a large format tweet, or a horn.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Damn...someone buy my sundown E8s so I can buy these!

·
Registered
115 Posts
I just put these on my watch list. If you get a chance to listen to them in the next few days please let us know what ya think of them . Thanks

·
Tuning is everything.
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think I went to $85 offer on these with no accept.

Ended up buying something a tad better :)

They look nice though.
Better how? :)

I think he only accepted my $82.50 offer because I was buying two. Probably cheaper on the shipping that way. $90 should be a go for these. Keep in mind, he's probably forking out $15 shipping, so that's like $75 for some killer midbass drivers.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I passed around a pair to 3 people now trying to get reviews as to how they do 2 way. I KNOW they do great in 3 way, but the verdict is still out. Currently my spare pair is with dbphelps next review will be from him and if they don't work out, we'll pass them along to someone else to try.

They solid built and sexy looking for 100$ a pr though.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hmmm, simple 2 way bookshelf???? Any designs using this driver?
I was searching around last night for some reviews on this driver and came across this on google.

Extremis

just searched for adire extremis, definitely larger then a simple bookshelf but I'm sure there are more around, maybe you might find some on avsforums or something.

peace...

·
Registered
858 Posts
Now that you mention it, I believe when I was looking at these originally before I bought mine I did find a ready to go kit (either bookshelf or center channel?). Wonder if more info exists.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Here's a few excursion videos on the realm of excursion website. Just go to Adire>Extremis to view:

Realm of Excursion

I don't own these but from what I've read in the past they are pretty much an Adire Extremis knock off. Need lots of power and combine with a tweeter than can go low.

When Adire was in biz, they went for $100 each. $90 shipped for a pair is an awesome deal. So for the guys that are on the fence, go stimulate the economy. :)

·
Registered
731 Posts
I guess you got lucky WRX/Z28. I was only able to pull 180 for a pair. But I didn't want to haggle any more (and its 15 bucks), needed them soon

1 - 20 of 36 Posts