DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pair of Adire Koda 10's never seen power. $180 plus shipping.

18mm xmax with 4.5" mounting depth

I put something on one of the boxes accidentally and I saw that I had pushed in the dust a cap a little. I attempted to fix it and was able to pull most of the dent out with my trusty vaccume. But there is still a couple of small creases you can see in the very middle just above the Adire writing. The other is still perfect in the plastic.

The Koda 10" Driver

The Koda subwoofers are the newest line of mobile audio subwoofers from Adire Audio. This new series features our patent-pending XBL2 motor structure, cast frame, cold-forged black nickel plated motor structure, rubber mounting boot, and legendary Adire Audio quality.

Koda subs are designed to provide extremely high sound quality and SPL levels at a very affordable price. Consider them a little brother to the Brahmas - tight, deep bass with great output. And with the XBL2 motor, sound quality that doesn't change when running at a whisper or full-on rock concert volumes.
The Koda subs are well suited for sealed, vented, and IB use. The parameters for the subs are as follows:
Param 10"
Fs 28 Hz
Qms 3.5
Qes 0.42
Qts 0.40
Vas 85 litres
Znom1 4 Ohm
Re2 2.8 Ohms
Le3 1.3 mH
BL 10.2
Sd 344 cm2
Xmax 18mm one way linear
Pmax 300W RMS, 600W peak
NOTE: Power rating is thermal only! It is NOT a power requirement; typically you get full output with significantly less power than the rating.
SPL5 88 @ 1W, 1m
Diameter 10.5"
Cutout 9.25"
Depth 4.75"
Volume 0.08 cubic feet
Weight 17 pounds
Price
1 - This is the nominal impedance of the driver. Nominal impedance is what the driver averages over its operating range. IT IS NOT THE DCR OF THE DRIVER!
2 - The DC Resistance is 2.8 Ohms; this is not the nominal impedance, and should not be used to determine amplifier loads.
3 - Measured at 1 kHz
4 - Pmax is the maximum continuous electrical power; mechanical power handling is COMPLETELY dependent upon the application, and can be considerably lower than the electrical power handling. Pmax is NOT a "required" level of power for a driver. We rate per IEC 268-5.
5 - This is true reference efficiency; for voltage sensitivity at 2.83Vrms, add 3 dB. For a 0.5m rating, add 6 dB.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Nice subs, too bad they went under. Good luck with the sell.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Single 4 ohm voice coil

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Doesn't anyone want these fine subs?

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bump

·
Registered
731 Posts
How high can these play cleanly? I need something that can play up to 150hz or so cleanly with a 24db/octave L/R lowpass...

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am not sure about the upper frequency response of the Kodas. They are new and never seen power. I would think they would play up to 150Hz comfortably, but I do not have first hand knowledge. I am reluctant to test them since they are brand new.

·
The one true SQ freak
221 Posts
150 is going to be hard to get with a driver that isn't a mid-midbass driver rather than a sub. The kodas were great drivers but that is asking a lot of any large cone subwoofers.

·
Registered
731 Posts
150 is going to be hard to get with a driver that isn't a mid-midbass driver rather than a sub. The kodas were great drivers but that is asking a lot of any large cone subwoofers.
Yeah thats what I figured...

Good luck on the sale OP!

·
Registered
983 Posts
No it isn't... you just have to have LOTS of deadening and a rock-solid installation for it not to sound like rattly, buzzy crap and easy to localize.

·
Registered
731 Posts
No it isn't... you just have to have LOTS of deadening and a rock-solid installation for it not to sound like rattly, buzzy crap and easy to localize.
They wouldn't be in the doors, obviously :) Either way, I would need more of them to accomplish what I want. Good luck on the sale OP. If I change my mind I will let you know :)

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes I still have them.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Still up for grabs. I made a mistake in the original post for mounting depth. It is 4.75 inches.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I will probably be putting these on fleabay soon. I would prefer to sell as a pair but I may split them.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.