·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
397 Posts
from their site..

The SF7 is available! A great little stamped frame 6.5" midwoofer, originally used in a high-end microsubwoofer. It has our XBL² motor in it, so you know it has stroke AND clean sound.
We have a few hundred of these units in stock! Originally they sold for $60 each, get them now for just $30 each. Wonderful bottom end in an infinite baffle, clean midrange up to 4 kHz.

The parameters are:
Fs: 48 Hz
Qms: 6.2
Qes: 0.72
Qts: 0.66
Vas: 14 liters
Sd: 140 cm^2
Xmax: 8mm one way linear, 12mm one way peak
Re: 3.5 Ohms
Le: 0.45 mH

A nice little performer! True 4 Ohm impedance, run it with a clean 30-50W per channel and you'll have great results.

Get them now while they're in stock; once they're gone, that's it!

the question is.... will this match the Dayton RS?

·
Registered
555 Posts
I can't help but I'm also interested in this driver, as I'm having a very hard time getting my ca18's to fit behind my door panel properly. Maybe the next driver for the speaker testing fund?

;)

·
Registered
258 Posts
kinda makes me wonder why a "subwoofer" application has the cheesy fake phase-plug looking dust cap that oddly looks just like the woofer that comes with the RE component sets.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Jim85IROC said:
kinda makes me wonder why a "subwoofer" application has the cheesy fake phase-plug looking dust cap that oddly looks just like the woofer that comes with the RE component sets.

why would adire have them then? RE is their own buildhouse..........adire oem's for a **** ton of companies....pretty sure RE isn't one of them....

·
Registered
258 Posts
Derek said:
why would adire have them then? RE is their own buildhouse..........adire oem's for a **** ton of companies....pretty sure RE isn't one of them....
I don't know. I just find it odd that Adire would use that dust cap for a "subwoofer" application. The cone and surround look the same or similar, and the magnet is around the same size. The only visible difference I see is that the basket is different. T/S parameters scream "car audio driver" too. Look at that Qts, and "clean midrange up to 4k". It just doesn't seem like a driver whose primary design was for a subwoofer application. It looks to me like it may have been adapted for that purpose, using everything (except for the basket) that was developed for a car audio purpose.

I sure can't say whether it's the same as the RE woofer or not (I don't have the RE's t/s params handy), but it does seem to bear a striking resemblance.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I saw a thread about these on some other forum where someone from Adire said the mounting depth was like 3 3/8" or something, pretty deep. Google them and you might find the same thread.

Peter

·
Registered
483 Posts
They replaced them with Extremi... not exactly a sub only driver either.

I'm still confused about what the problem is though.... so it uses a dust cap similar to the RE.... whyfore does that matter?

ED and ID's subs bear a striking resemblence to Pyramid subs.... does that mean they are the same? nope.

and would a retard hire a drunk with a bulldozer to knock down his house? (obscure FG reference for the day)

·
Registered
258 Posts
I never said that the dust cap poses a "problem". Nor am I saying that this is a bad driver, or a good one. I'm just making a generic comment about its similarity to the RE woofer. Obviously I touched some kind of nerve, and for that I apologize. :confused:

·
Registered
531 Posts
no nerve just....

why would adire have anything in stock of RE's...when RE is a BUILD HOUSE.

customer says they want "x"....adire builds it....

·
Registered
78 Posts
Quoting Dan Wiggins on the SIN board:

Oops. I'll fix that - they do have XBL² in them. Look at the basket, and the motor - they aren't the RE6s, they're the SF7s...
While they look like the RE6s, I believe the RE6s don't make use of XBL², while the SF7s do.

Here's a quickie review from a user, also on SIN, whiterabbit:

I just got them into my kickpanels today, did some A/B versus vifa PL's.

I havent yet gotten a chance to tune them. so anything I say is based on dropping these drivers in and using PL tuning (no EQ). Also the car has other basic issues (a few reflections, for example) so anything I say is a grain of salt.

Last part of the disclaimer, I am using these drivers with respect to a 2 way stage, not a three way. That being said....

I have to say wow. very, very impressive. I dont know about 4k, though im hoping. they play miles higher than the PL's. just miles.

I love the midbass clarity. love it. the vifa PL's could play very low. But compared to these adire drivers, they simply lacked definition and clarity. if you did this comparison for a block rocker, they'd take the vifas every time. "theres more bass!" I like these Adire mids way more. out of the box they are an improvement over the vifas. The tonality is better (I think this is a factor of the crossover), and the driver most certainly cna be used across a wider range of frequencies than the vifas.

I think electronic music or other "crappy" genera's might see better performance via vifas, for no other reason than the peaky upper bass response compared to the adire mids. However, I listen to prmarily female vocals. out of the box they couldn't outperform some morel drivers ive had the pleasure of listening to, but once I have the crossover set for my stage, I expect to wallop lower morel lines. just wallop.

I am impressed. very impressed. I am glad I bought a pair of these drivers.
For the price, I decided to order a pair myself and I have to say that I'm prettty happy with them. They are paired up with LPG 26NAs and I'm currently finishing up/tweaking the install. Head unit is an Alpine 9815 running active to an eD Nine.4 amp. I'm just in the beginning stages of DIY, so I dont' really have much to compare them to. I've liked them better than all the pre-fab components I've purchased. I've had Diamond Audio M561 components, eD 6000is and a variety of infinity coaxes in different vehicles and this woofer/tweeter combo easily surpasses them all. Once I get the install finalized, I'll try posting a more in depth review. Oh, this is all in a 1999 Mazda Miata. Doors have plenty of depth. They actually housed 8" BOSE woofers, which I quickly got rid of. I'd really like to hear some of the more experienced users' opinions on how they sound. NPDANG, I'm in Riverside. Where in SoCal are you? Up for a listen?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts