DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, here is the senario. I have a single velodyne 10 servo that i am installing in my porsche next week. The car is pretty small, but am still worried about using a single 10 with an 87db efficiency. I have found a second servo 10, but the asking price is more than 2 car payments.... so i am thinking i will have to just stick with the singe.

The idea: The velodyne is desinged to be able to work in either a sealed, ported, or IB installation, just set the dip switches on the module, and it changes the servo feedback loop, eq.... etc for the appropriate installation method. I have always prefered sealed enclosures, but in this install, may need the ported's volume. The recomended enclosure size of the sealed box is 1.0cu-2.cu and the ported box size is 1.2cu with a 3" port 16" long. What if i made a 1.2cu box to run sealed, but installed a port with an electronicly actuated ballvalve in the port, close to the box. Then attach a selectable swith to engage/disengage the valve, and also to short out the ported pins on the module to asjust the servo controller. Would this work. That way i could have loud for music that demands it, and refined with a tight small sized seal box for everything else.

Thoughts are appreciated.
Thanks
Hans

Also, if you know of any other velodyne 10's, please let me know.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
My question is do you want an automated port change? I know a few people who have adjustable ports, however they are not automatically controlled. Its more of a pop one out and insert the other port type of thing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts