DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, right now i have the alpine spx-177r's installed, mids in the doors and tweets in the sail. overall i'm very happy with this set...except the midbass. i wish it had a little more low-end authority.

been reading about how everyone's happy with their own diy set, and it's making me want to do my own. damn you guys!! lol but i'm reluctant to do it because of a previous install i did in my minivan, and it didn't sound that great. i had lpg's mounted in the bottom corners of the windshield, and 4" mids in stock dash locations, firing at the knees ( i know i know, probably the worst places to have them). all i had was a 2way x-over...no other processing. while the speakers sounded good by themselves, they just didn't blend together very well. i'm sure there were bunch of things wrong with this setup, none of which i know how to deal with.

as u can see, i have no experience tuning a system. which is why i want ur guys' advice before jumping in...again. using my current stock locations, it should be easier going diy right? do i really need all that processing u guys always talk about....30 band parametric eq's, time alignment, etc to make it sound good? i really don't want to spend a buttload of money only to find out that my system sounds like crap.

·
Registered
989 Posts
What amp(s) are you using to power the Alpines? If are running a small 2 channel, maybe thing about getting another 2 channel amp to power them active.

If you are using a 4 channel on the front/rear speakers, use that amp alone on the front components and run the rear speakers off the headunit(or disconnect them :) )

Another thing to think about is adding a dedicated 8" midbass and a 2 channel amp for them.

What kind of vehicle is this?

What kind of headunit? Have you properly deadened the front doors yet?

·
Registered
415 Posts
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29

the Alpines have some good midbass (not freakin-outstanding but good).

if thats not the case, try reversing the phase to see if that does anything for midbass.

If youre looking for subbass (ei lowend) get a subwoofer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.