DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been living in Grand Lake in Grand County Colorado for almost 2 yrs and haven't met anybody with the same interest in car audio that I have, or home audio either for that matter. But I will have a almost new 2018 Subaru Outback in the next few weeks and want to have a sound quality system installed by somebody or some shop who first of all knows what they are doing and second of all I can trust won't be trying to take advantage of me in any and every way they can. I have a Audison Voce Due amp and Illusion Audio 10XL sub in a sealed box and a JL Audio HD 600/4 or a pair of Linear Power 2 channel amps (T03 output series) for the fronts and Image Dynamics CXS 65 component speakers but I would probably want to upgrade on the front speakers and also have some sound dampening inside the doors and wherever needed. The head unit I have is a Pioneer DEH p800PRS but I don't think it's going to work in the new Outback so probably I'll be needing a good DPS also. Everything I just listed is either hardly used and like new or like the Linear Power amps, they were sent to Ray Rayfield and got all checked out and upgraded. I'm hoping for some good advice on a good honest installer

·
Registered
454 Posts
There are two places I'd suggest. Elevated Audio in Lakewood or EAS in Colorado Springs. I'm not sure either will do the work if the equipment wasn't purchased from them, but they are the best I know of in Colorado.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I've had work done by both Elevated Audio and EAS. I prefer Elevated Audio, and would recommend them without hesitation. I know they will install gear not sold by them, but they charge a higher hourly rate. And if there are any warranty type issues, they charge for the time involved in that as well. Honestly, depending on the scope of work, it may actually be cheaper to buy new hardware through them. They'll charge a lower labor rate, and if there are any issues, no extra charge for that troubleshooting.

My EAS experience is pretty dated at this point, the quality at that time was good, but not great. I understand they've hired a bunch of new/top installers since then, so it's very possible they've improved.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Thanks a Bunch for that info. Elevated is actually the only shop I did any research on and they seem to be a notch or 3 above all others. The car is back in my home town in East TN and this morning I talked to Darrin, who did just about all the install work on 2 Outbacks, a 2004 and 1999 over a 2 year period as I hunted and acquired different components during the buyer's market our economy's depression created. Darrin owns Atomic Audio in Oak Ridge and I can't really say enough good about him. Anyway so he is going to remove a few things from the 04 car and begin a complete new install on the 2019 Outback. As much as he can get done before I fly back there on the 24th and load as much home audio gear I have at my parents and drive back here to Grand Lake. A 3 day drive. One question I would like lots of advice on is what head unit to put in the new 2019 Outback. I will have the Pioneer DEH p800PRS that is being removed from the 04 car but even though Darrin says he can put it in the new Outback it really should be a double DIN type receiver for it to look right. He spoke of a new JVC model that is designed more for the audiophile crowd but I'm still thinking about what to do. Possibly a top end DSP? Somebody please help me on this one. Front speakers are most likely going to be Image Dynamics XS 65 or CXS I can't remember and the amp, at least for a time will be the JL Audio HD600/4. Subwoofer Illusion Audio CXL10 and Audison Due amp or PPI Power Class 2600 which is now in the 1999 Outback and sounds as beautiful as it looks on the Clarus 12 sub it powers.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Hey Thanks a Bunch for that info. Elevated is actually the only shop I did any research on and they seem to be a notch or 3 above all others. The car is back in my home town in East TN and this morning I talked to Darrin, who did just about all the install work on 2 Outbacks, a 2004 and 1999 over a 2 year period as I hunted and acquired different components during the buyer's market our economy's depression created. Darrin owns Atomic Audio in Oak Ridge and I can't really say enough good about him. Anyway so he is going to remove a few things from the 04 car and begin a complete new install on the 2019 Outback. As much as he can get done before I fly back there on the 24th and load as much home audio gear I have at my parents and drive back here to Grand Lake. A 3 day drive. One question I would like lots of advice on is what head unit to put in the new 2019 Outback. I will have the Pioneer DEH p800PRS that is being removed from the 04 car but even though Darrin says he can put it in the new Outback it really should be a double DIN type receiver for it to look right. He spoke of a new JVC model that is designed more for the audiophile crowd but I'm still thinking about what to do. Possibly a top end DSP? Somebody please help me on this one. Front speakers are most likely going to be Image Dynamics XS 65 or CXS I can't remember and the amp, at least for a time will be the JL Audio HD600/4. Subwoofer Illusion Audio CXL10 and Audison Due amp or PPI Power Class 2600 which is now in the 1999 Outback and sounds as beautiful as it looks on the Clarus 12 sub it powers.

There is a thread "Any events in CO" on here where all of us talk gonna try to set something up for September too meet up again had about 10 cars 6 of which had playing systems last time. Elevated is the place to go I know all the guys that work there. Expect to pay a good amount because it's not car toys or Best Buy but they do damn good work. Look them up on Facebook or Instagram as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts