DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend who wants me to replace her factory headunit in her 2004 Escalade. She wants bluetooth calling, navigation, aux, and a rear view camera all for under 400$ installed!

I know i can't get a headunit that includes all of that for that price considering i'll have to buy a wiring harness adapter for the BOSE system which will run about 100$ So I was thinking about buying a unit that has bluetooth, aux and rear view then mirroring her phone navigation to the headunit? Any suggestions?

Any experience with the gemini GE100? Navitech? Tview T001?
She's has an android so I was leaning towards mirroring using WIFI direct?

·
Registered
19,000 Posts
what kind of phone does she have? may be able to use sony mirror link

·
Registered
19,000 Posts
HTC one m8
i have that phone. to bad the screen is shattered into a million pieces and has black spots all over it. turns out this phone isnt able to utilize the sony mirrorlink. not sure about the separate modules in your OP. maybe kindly ask to up her budget for an all in one unit since it would make things easier in the end

·
Registered
355 Posts
So the HTC one m8 works with the Sony units using mirror link?
Reading comprehension isn't a strong suit of yours, right?

Anyway, your best bet is to look for an older Alpine double din which would have most of the features she's looking for. The screen size may be small (6") but, reality has to set in at some point.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts