DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a brand new boat! It’s a bayliner element 16 ft run a bout with a Jensen head unit and 2 genders speakers, first time out on the boat I turn the radio up and both speaker sound blown!
my Wife bought two small wake tower speakers to make a total of four speakers for the boat, I went ahead and wired them up and haven’t yet bought new speakers for the two Jensen speakers that I think are blown.
Here’s were things get weird. I wire up the two new speakers correctly, turn the music up and all four speakers sound blown.
I fade the music to only the left side and both left speakers sound great,
I fade the music to only the right side and both speakers sound blown,
I fade the music to the rear (both new speakers) and it sounds great.
I fade the music to the front (gensen speakers) and they sound blown,
I fade the music to just play the two new speakers (rear) and the front left and it sound great,
When I fade to only play the front right it sounds blown.
so I know for sure the front right speaker is causing the problem,

what would make all the speakers sound blown when the right speaker is playing music?
Somethings wrong with my right speaker? Or is this a simple fix?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
disconnect them from the front channel that they sound blown on, connect them to the channel that they sound fine and see if they still sound blown, if they do not than something on the right channel is wrong, maybe wired incorrectly

·
Premium Member
4,450 Posts
Maybe move that "blown" speaker from right to the left and retest it...

I just bought a brand new boat! It’s a bayliner element 16 ft run a bout with a Jensen head unit and 2 genders speakers, first time out on the boat I turn the radio up and both speaker sound blown!
my Wife bought two small wake tower speakers to make a total of four speakers for the boat...
;) the wife's speaker were the better gender?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts