DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Can someone recommend me a sound processor with tweeters/speakers please? Bearing in mind that I drive a s2000 where space is a real constraint.

Some of my considerations:

1. A sound processor that is able to do Crossover settings, Time Alignment and EQ (the smaller the size the better!) - Looking at the Audison Bit Ten

2. 2-way setup. 6.5" Speakers and a pair of tweeters (that preferably will play relative low) . Max budget for this is probably around $400?

I am looking to go active on my setup. Have a Pioneer DVD Head unit currently that comes with built-in amplifiers and would rather not have separate amplifiers due to the lack of space.

I would greatly appreciate if folks could give me some advice as to if the Audison Bit ten would be a good idea along with recommendations for tweeters / speakers setup.

Thanks!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi Guys,

Can someone recommend me a sound processor with tweeters/speakers please? Bearing in mind that I drive a s2000 where space is a real constraint.

Some of my considerations:

1. A sound processor that is able to do Crossover settings, Time Alignment and EQ (the smaller the size the better!) - Looking at the Audison Bit Ten

2. 2-way setup. 6.5" Speakers and a pair of tweeters (that preferably will play relative low) . Max budget for this is probably around $400?

I am looking to go active on my setup. Have a Pioneer DVD Head unit currently that comes with built-in amplifiers and would rather not have separate amplifiers due to the lack of space.

I would greatly appreciate if folks could give me some advice as to if the Audison Bit ten would be a good idea along with recommendations for tweeters / speakers setup.

Thanks!
Many head units can to time alignment, EQ, and crossover all-in-one. At your $400 price point, that is the way to go.

A used Eclipse 7100 will do it.

An Alpine 9886 will do it if you add an Imprint module.

An Alpine 9887 will do it with a KTX-100EQ Imprint module

An Alpine CDA-117 will do limited crossover, EQ and time alignment (built-in), but requires an Imprint module if you want it to auto-tune.

I like the Alpine i-Pod interface better than Eclipse.

I am sure others will chime in with other source units in your price range that do EQ, time alignment, and crossover all-in-one.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks. I unfortunately will require the DVD screen so I will probably stick with my current head unit unless there is one that offers those options? :(

Am also looking at the Rockford 3SIXTY.2 for a signal processor as well.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Which DVD screen do you have? Some of the Pioneers have TA/Auto EQ if you buy a seperate mic. You can use the front outputs for tweeters and rear for mids-you'd need an amp with suitable crossovers as those units won't do that too.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can't really remember the model name right now but it definitely has no TA, model is probably 4 years old now.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Thanks. I unfortunately will require the DVD screen so I will probably stick with my current head unit unless there is one that offers those options? :(

Am also looking at the Rockford 3SIXTY.2 for a signal processor as well.
Kenwood offers double-din units as well that do it all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts