DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. First time poster. I'm planning to buy a new or slightly used Chevy Silverado/GMC Sierra pickup. I'm interested in the Android Auto integration. I'm aware that functionality will show up with an update in a few months for the 2016 models only. So, I would have to get a 2016 for the stock radio to support it. Any thoughts on how long I should expect the stock stereo to stay compatible with the latest and greatest Android phones? I have no idea. I'm interested in aftermarket options as well. The Kenwood Excelon DDX9902S (just an example I found) seems like it would do the job. If I went this route, I could get a better deal on a 2105 truck. I'm a little concerned about how all the integrated car functions will work. I believe the backup camera will work, and I believe the steering wheel controls will work. What I found states 'GM vehicles: you'll keep your steering wheel audio controls, your factory amp, safety warning chimes, and OnStar' So, does everything that would normally be displayed on the screen work? Am I giving up any functionality by going with an aftermarket unit such as the Kenwood Excelon DDX9902S? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I know just make sure you find one that has a HDMI because USB doesn't work for Android Auto or Mirrorlink
Android Auto uses only a USB connection, not HDMI.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts