DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing a aftermarket stereo and just want to make sure i am hooking up the wires correctly, I purchased one of the wiring adapters so I don't have to cut my wires and this is my first time doing this. there are some extra wires that I don't know what they go too range with black stripe, orange, black with white stripe, black, red and yellow.

I am sure the red goes to the red, not exactly sure of the rest of the colors because my yellow is the major power wire and it is thick. since there are two black wires I don't want to guess. I've got an orange wire with white stripe coming out of my deck but colors don't match the adapter. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
302 Posts
I am installing a aftermarket stereo and just want to make sure i am hooking up the wires correctly, I purchased one of the wiring adapters so I don't have to cut my wires and this is my first time doing this. there are some extra wires that I don't know what they go too range with black stripe, orange, black with white stripe, black, red and yellow.

I am sure the red goes to the red, not exactly sure of the rest of the colors because my yellow is the major power wire and it is thick. since there are two black wires I don't want to guess. I've got an orange wire with white stripe coming out of my deck but colors don't match the adapter. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Either black should be fine. I think the orange, and white stripe is the dash dimness control.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts