DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in the 90's I installed many DEI and Omega alarms and usually had good luck with both. I recently installed cheap Omega Freedom series alarms in my kids cars and have been content with them. I recently picked up a 1990 Ford van and want to add an alarm with remote start, window roll up and down and a couple of aux outputs to control lighting and such. I don't need 2 way paging. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have 2-way Avital remote start/security system installed in my car and I find the 2-way remote transmitter to be too bulky to carry in my pocket. Aside from that, a replacement remote control is double or triple the cost of purchasing a standard remote transmitter. In regards to the range, I really can't say that I got the 1,000+ range with either remote control.

·
Premium Member
4,139 Posts
A bit of a hijack but I have also been looking for an alarm with a two way. One where I could see the alarm before the sirens go off.
Saw the viper 1-way and 2-way.
I do not need remote start.
Thoughts.?

·
Registered
500 Posts
I’ve had good luck with Code Alarm. My current Autopage doesn’t have good range and the 2- ay remote fob died after 9 months. YMMV

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I forgot about Code Alarm. Never installed any actual Code Alarm brand alarms but did do a few Prestige installs though. I don't need the two-way paging. The the vehicle the alarm is for is not a daily driver and will spend most of its at home.

·
Registered
10 Posts
A bit of a hijack but I have also been looking for an alarm with a two way. One where I could see the alarm before the sirens go off.
Saw the viper 1-way and 2-way.
I do not need remote start.
Thoughts.?
If you were to purchase a 2-way security system, the 2-way remote transmitter will indicate the warn-away trigger of the shock sensor has been triggered. That's assuming you have the sensitivity of the shock sensor set to your desired taste. Bear in mind if the shock sensor is set too sensitive, you're going to get several false triggers annoying you and your neighbors.

·
Premium Member
4,139 Posts
There is the 3305VR (2-way)
and 3606VR (1-way)

neither have remote start, and I do not need remote start.

And 5706 (2-way) says it plays sounds in the pocket when the alarm is going wild.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts