DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
First post here, but I've been reading a lot here. Not new to audio, but new plans for my new to me 05' Seqouia. I've got Rainbow SLC's in my Land Cruiser and really like them, but wanted to venture out and try something new.

Current plan

ProSE 60's in the front, deadened and ccf'ed and vinyled doors,

Sc65's (probably, I want rear fill for passengers in this one) same deadening. <If you have other rear fill suggestions please let me know. I would like to keep this in the Boston line though>

Avic930 head unit

JL stealthbox with 10W3v3-2, running off of my 500 watt Alpine.

QUESTIONS...

1. Does the PDX 4.150 have enough solid head room to give these speakers what they need? Will it maximize the speakers or do I need more? I have read many putting a lot more wattage at these sets with favorable results.

2. My front runner for price/features etc is the Avic 930, and it's still a little more than I want to pay, but seems like a great unit. Any input or feedback on this one or other similar? I need a volume knob. Pandora, and some customization.

3. Thoughts on system in general? I want SQ first, with the ability to go loud but with accuracy and full clean spectrum as my top priority.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hello all,
First post here, but I've been reading a lot here. Not new to audio, but new plans for my new to me 05' Seqouia. I've got Rainbow SLC's in my Land Cruiser and really like them, but wanted to venture out and try something new.

Current plan

ProSE 60's in the front, deadened and ccf'ed and vinyled doors,

Sc65's (probably, I want rear fill for passengers in this one) same deadening. <If you have other rear fill suggestions please let me know. I would like to keep this in the Boston line though>

Avic930 head unit

JL stealthbox with 10W3v3-2, running off of my 500 watt Alpine.

QUESTIONS...

1. Does the PDX 4.150 have enough solid head room to give these speakers what they need? Will it maximize the speakers or do I need more? I have read many putting a lot more wattage at these sets with favorable results.

2. My front runner for price/features etc is the Avic 930, and it's still a little more than I want to pay, but seems like a great unit. Any input or feedback on this one or other similar? I need a volume knob. Pandora, and some customization.

3. Thoughts on system in general? I want SQ first, with the ability to go loud but with accuracy and full clean spectrum as my top priority.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1. Haven't run those comps, but they are listed at 125w rms. The 4.150 has 150+ rms per channel, so on paper it works fine. I also have the 4.150 and it is an honest 150.

2. I have an Avic D3 which is a predecessor of that unit. My only regret with the D3 is that the audio processing is almost non-existant. There is no time alignment and eq is very basic, and the output is only 2v. I have added an audiocontrol EQ to mine and will soon be installing an alpine h660, but wish the headunit had these functions built in. If you are truly focused on SQ and need nav, you might consider one of the alpine/imprint or kenwood models.

3. I have those coax speakers as rear fill. They sound quite good for coax speakers. Regarding a SQ build, see above.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts