DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
17,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
This is so much the case, I spent over an hour with a friend of mine and had him in the drivers seat having him put the system through its paces, he kept pointing out the imaging location.

I'm blown away on how this truck sounds, I find myself leaving my apartment to go out side and listen to a few songs. Nick really killed it with this system, and will be freshing up my other cars system soon.
Haha awesome. As said many times before, I'm stoked you are happy with it. Is that q7 up next?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Haha awesome. As said many times before, I'm stoked you are happy with it. Is that q7 up next?

I almost sent you a video of my buddy listening to it yesterday, he has a nice home system with golden ears, and he said he didn't want to go home and listen to it cause the truck was so much better. He has a project around the corner for me, so I'm sure i'll find him in my tuck for an hour or two a day listening.

Allroad is next, then the Q7, if I can hold out that long.

·
Registered
17,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I almost sent you a video of my buddy listening to it yesterday, he has a nice home system with golden ears, and he said he didn't want to go home and listen to it cause the truck was so much better. He has a project around the corner for me, so I'm sure i'll find him in my tuck for an hour or two a day listening.

Allroad is next, then the Q7, if I can hold out that long.
Ha! Give him my number lol

·
Registered
17,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Awesome work as always. What type of chrome paint did you use on the pods?

Looking forward to resonix!
For this i used a dupicolor chrome (I have 2 different ones by them but one is a glorified silver but one pretty God damn chrome) and used a sem low luster clear. It wasnt a perfect match but like Andrew pointed out to me later, it's better than way in his opinion because of glare. I found I could match the OEM chrome trim perfectly if I wrapped in chrome vinyl and sprayed it with sem low luster clear. I offered to hold the girls until I could get the right vinyl that would stretch but he preffered them as is.

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
For this i used a dupicolor chrome (I have 2 different ones by them but one is a glorified silver but one pretty God damn chrome) and used a sem low luster clear. It wasnt a perfect match but like Andrew pointed out to me later, it's better than way in his opinion because of glare. I found I could match the OEM chrome trim perfectly if I wrapped in chrome vinyl and sprayed it with sem low luster clear. I offered to hold the girls until I could get the right vinyl that would stretch but he preffered them as is.

What is the color or number of the chrome looking one? Id like to try some if it

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
What is the color or number of the chrome looking one? Id like to try some if it

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
This one. As with all things paint related, prep is going to be extremely important.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Killer work, as usual.

You *could* make the speaker pods slide in like factory, but I think think bolting them in is be better.

But, my first thought was to take another piece of PVC/Acrylic/ABS/whatever, router a rabbet about the thickness of the door skin (and deadener, etc.) and bolt it to the back with stainless screws. But that's a lot of work for not much return.

What did you use to bond the PVC to Acrylic?

And to Alipor, nice truck. Can't wait to see the All Road and Q.

Jay

·
Registered
568 Posts

Thanks Nick. Another guy in the pillar pods thread did something similar, and I really like how the chrome trim sets these pods off.

One more question- could you link the matching chrome vinyl that you would have used (with the Low Luster Clear)?

·
Registered
17,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Thanks Nick. Another guy in the pillar pods thread did something similar, and I really like how the chrome trim sets these pods off.

One more question- could you link the matching chrome vinyl that you would have used (with the Low Luster Clear)?
It's just regular chrome vinyl by avery dennison. Can probably find it on Amazon. The stuff my local vinyl guy gave me was impossible to stretch and was almost like wrapping with deadener foil lol

·
Registered
568 Posts
It's just regular chrome vinyl by avery dennison. Can probably find it on Amazon. The stuff my local vinyl guy gave me was impossible to stretch and was almost like wrapping with deadener foil lol

Got it, thanks. I appreciate you taking the time to put the build thread together. It’s always nice to see what you pros are up to and exactly how you make it all work.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
17,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Got it, thanks. I appreciate you taking the time to put the build thread together. It’s always nice to see what you pros are up to and exactly how you make it all work.

Thanks again!
No worries. I was going to do it out of real aluminum, but that would have taken to long and I only had 1.5 days until pickup when I started the grills and didnt even have the right size aluminum. Would have been sweet though

·
Registered
13 Posts
Killer work, as usual.

You *could* make the speaker pods slide in like factory, but I think think bolting them in is be better.

But, my first thought was to take another piece of PVC/Acrylic/ABS/whatever, router a rabbet about the thickness of the door skin (and deadener, etc.) and bolt it to the back with stainless screws. But that's a lot of work for not much return.

What did you use to bond the PVC to Acrylic?

And to Alipor, nice truck. Can't wait to see the All Road and Q.

Jay
Jay, thank you. The allroad already has a full focal system, but could use Nicks magic on a tune and some issues sorted from the previous shops install.

·
Registered
17,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
and some issues sorted from the previous shops install.
seems like im doing a lot of fixes on these lately. im going to make #highendhackjobs trend on twitter

·
Registered
12 Posts
Owner of the truck is a friend, i had a listen to it.....Truck sounds amazing. The acoustic treatment on the doors is terrific! Loved the sound, helix processor controller mounting and the pods. Craftsmanship looked incredibly clean.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts