DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone please tell Ant that he's gone completely overboard on the Flash ads? I have four gigs of a ram and a new processor, and smoke comes out of my system every time I load these pages.

WTF

One or two ads are perfectly acceptable, but ten or fifteen ads on every page is ridiculous.

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
Flash ads are sent by google.
We put up ad spaces, and google puts the ads that they feel are relivant.

ANT

·
Banned
2,895 Posts
Sure we all enjoy the service we provide each other by sharing knowledge and advice, but the truth is WE are the product being sold. If you think you (as a member of this fantastic website) are Ant's patron, your mistaken.

·
the darkside is loud
6,092 Posts
Sure we all enjoy the service we provide each other by sharing knowledge and advice, but the truth is WE are the product being sold. If you think you (as a member of this fantastic website) are Ant's patron, your mistaken.
Fric,
Hate to disagree with you on this one but I am an Ant patron.
I was so grateful for this website that I volunteered to help out.
The knowledge I gained from this community that Ant provides a medium for has been unbelievably helpful to me and my hobby.

Ads are everywhere.
Just a way of life.
Now when they start calling me by name like in the movie Minority Report.....then we'll have a problem. :p

Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR

·
Banned
2,895 Posts
Fric,
Hate to disagree with you on this one but I am an Ant patron.
I was so grateful for this website that I volunteered to help out.
The knowledge I gained from this community that Ant provides a medium for has been unbelievably helpful to me and my hobby.

Ads are everywhere.
Just a way of life.
Now when they start calling me by name like in the movie Minority Report.....then we'll have a problem. :p

Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR
I didn't mean to imply that I don't appreciate DIYMA. I love it around here. I was simply pointing out that from a business perspective, Ant sells us to his advertisers. We are the product and the marketers are the customers. As long as the site remains informative, it's a win-win-win!

·
Registered
615 Posts
Some advertisers take the time to optimize Flush ads so they aren't CPU killers. Some just throw shit together and upload it. The computer geek site TechReport (The Tech Report - PC Hardware Explored) actually encourages its members to report CPU hogging ads so that they get fixed by the advertisers or removed from rotation. Because of that policy, their Flush ads are usually very light on resources. Food for thought. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts