·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Pretty cool. The h/u is beautiful.

Reactions: diy.phil

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Oddly enough, I work at the Jeep dealership and we’ve had numerous 2021 Grand Cherokee’s come in, and they don’t have this lol. Maybe it’s a top model/trim?

Edit: it appears to only be on the “L” trim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
157 Posts
That is very neat! My wife's Volvo has a B&W sound system, and I love seeing the nautilus tweeter on the dash and the yellow cones on the mids.

But McIntosh gauges is next level! It would be my dream come true if they combined McIntosh and B&W.

Reactions: K-pop sucks

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Man... I hate that interior, lol. Every time I see it I'm like... That'd get ruined by dogs, or kids, or anything. Lots of weird angles and stuff. I get what they were trying to do, because that's what a lot of luxury car interiors look like now... But man, that doesn't work for me. I also absolutely loathe quilted leather. I dunno where people got the idea that was better, more upscale, any of that, but I hate the look, and it's a major turn off to me.

Sad because I had a wk2 grand Cherokee and liked it. A wk2 srt8 was really high up my list of potential next cars.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I like quilted and/or diamond-stitched leather, for luxury cars, but only if it's manufactured in a way that it's going to last.

But when I think of Jeep, I think tough (and also I don't exactly think of them as building the most luxurious interiors), so this combo is a little odd to me. Hopefully, irrespective of what different people think about the look, it is able to stand up to the daily grind.

I would, however, not be comfortable loading a dog into that interior, haha.

Reactions: FAUEE

·
Registered
567 Posts
The WK2 SRT is a 2020... and the SRTs have different interiors then Summits anyway?

We loved out WK2, had it for 6 years. May get back into one of these with the three row option.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I like quilted and/or diamond-stitched leather, for luxury cars, but only if it's manufactured in a way that it's going to last.

But when I think of Jeep, I think tough (and also I don't exactly think of them as building the most luxurious interiors), so this combo is a little odd to me. Hopefully, irrespective of what different people think about the look, it is able to stand up to the daily grind.

I would, however, not be comfortable loading a dog into that interior, haha.
I had a wk2 overland and loaded my dog into it all the time. I agree, I bought my Jeep because I knew it'd be tough, though honestly, at the time they were also the most luxurious vehicle in that segment other than Mercedes ML, which was like a fancier but less reliable version of the WK2.

I just struggle with these huge screens everywhere. It's beenmy experience that software and electronics are the most unreliable parts of modern cars... And they're also the least serviceable and replaceable. Say you scratch that screen... Then what? Spend several grand on a new one? Say it craps out, that's getting close to the cost of totalling it out when it's 5 to 10 years old if that's a 5 to 7k screen (like my 15 f150's screen was).

I get that the automakers don't care about this kinda stuff, but I think consumers will. And so automakers should. The used market drives their resale values which is a major consideration for new buyers, so it's not smart to ignore it.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
While Jeep is an off-road-ish brand, the Grand Cherokee model has always been more of a luxury SUV from the very beginning, 1993 model year iirc... AND other than the Wrangler and Gladiator, the rest of the Jeep line are asphalt queens and nothing more. That being said, the GC in 4x4 is very capable off-road, but few would actually use it for that.

IMHO, the interior is very Mercedes Benz/Range Rover-like, and with their upcoming price points, it had better be!! Lol

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What they're showing here is probably the most upscale trim level. I'm sure there will be options at all price points. I'm really interested to see what the exterior of the non L versions looks like.

·
Premium Member
2,163 Posts
I'd like to point out that the Trackhawk is most certainly an asphalt KING. :) I wouldn't want to pay the cost of one or the cost of gas to run one but it would be a fun vehicle that would get me in too much trouble. And I'd be nicely pampered with that interior too. Nice vehicle but not for me. But I'll never have one.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
What they're showing here is probably the most upscale trim level. I'm sure there will be options at all price points. I'm really interested to see what the exterior of the non L versions looks like.
The non L Versions are already out and in stock. They look like the old ones lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
For me, both the Trackhawk and SRT are complete overkill and not at all practical for everyday use in terms of fuel economy vs power/performance/price. The regular GC is just so-so in terms of performance. It would be great if they do something in between with this generation. Something with 400 HP, 22+mpg, decent brakes and the looks. The interior is certainly a step up.

·
Registered
5,707 Posts
Maybe I'm in the minority but I think that tan interior with the satin wood finish and trimmings looks quite excellent. :)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts