DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Congrats! What's the mounting depth on the 10"?

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What are the enclosure recommendations? Actually, You should put enclosure info on your site for all your drivers. too bad shipping is such a killer on these
Thank you, we have them up for every other SSA sub, just have not put them up for the Gcon yet. We provide a lot more information then most brands on average, and it takes time.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Thank you, we have them up for every other SSA sub, just have not put them up for the Gcon yet. We provide a lot more information then most brands on average, and it takes time.
Understood, but it is arguably the most important piece of info there is. Any chance of free shipping anytime soon. Shipping is the main thing that keeps me from considering you guys. I was looking at possibly getting 3 sundown e10s. You guys = 105 ea PLUS shipping (approximately 60 dollars). woofersetc = 105 ea shipped

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Understood, but it is arguably the most important piece of info there is. Any chance of free shipping anytime soon. Shipping is the main thing that keeps me from considering you guys. I was looking at possibly getting 3 sundown e10s. You guys = 105 ea PLUS shipping (approximately 60 dollars). woofersetc = 105 ea shipped
The build costs are too high on SSA drivers to offer free shipping at the current prices, we would make nothing. It is the difference when buying a small build number, made in the USA brand over mass produced drivers overseas.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
The Gcon 12D4 looks, in WinISD, to be very similar to the Boston Acoustics G512-44. If it comes close to the performance of the G512-44, I'd say its a bargain at the price. I am going to have to check one out.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I am kind of interested in one of these in 12" How would this work sealed if I only had 400 watts at 2 ohms to put to it? Or is that just not enough power?

·
5,210 Posts
I have never heard an SSA sub. I would like to, because I always hear good things about them. Any klippel data on the Gcon?

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No Klippel data on it yet. Not sure of the fate of the machine yet, and we had Klippel data in the past on prior drivers with very few people caring.

Not saying we won't do it again, just stating why the Gcon does not yet.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts